Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I don't know why things can't ever go normally...

.......but such is my life.

We went to Six Flags Fiesta Texas today.  It's the last week that the water park will be open for the season.  Why not, right?  Might as well get our money's worth out of that side of the park.

So, they have this meandering 'river' type thing where you hop on an inner tube and lay back while you float along.  Sounds easy enough and pretty relaxing, huh?!  Nice warm weather....not too much sun...... tra la la.

We had my kids, my sister, and my nephew (and Jesse, of course) along with us.  My nephew is 15 and is such a sweetheart.....he will do anything for me.  He said "Here, Tia....I'll hold it for you....and you hop on."

My intention was to put the inner tube behind me, hop up, lean back and off I'd go.

::pause::

Oh.  Did I mention my swimsuit looks much like this one?

That being said, I held on, hopped up....and the back of my suit caught on the seam of the inner tube.

Andy, my nephew, shrieked and ran off.  Ryan started laughing.  Jesse started laughing.  I started laughing and trying to fix my swimsuit.  Who knew there would be a full moon during the middle of the afternoon?!

My only saving grace was that nobody else was around.  (Or if there was, I didn't notice.)

Now watch......I'm going to be in all my glory on somebody's vacation blog.

Eh.....what can you do except hope they black out my face.

(Six Flags' new campaign slogan:  More flags, more fun!  hahahahahahahaha)

13 comments:

  1. Amy....

    LOL...not AT you, but seriously...WITH you! I'm so sorry you had a wardrobe malfunction, but I appreciate and admire your ability to laugh about it already!

    Tra la la....

    :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you lead the most exciting and interesting life Amy!
    love,
    Marie
    http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my  LOL I'd be trying to become one of the elements of the H20 LOLOLOL... I've had things like that happen to me before :-x  I'm happy you had fun anyway. Blessings* Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::Snicker:: Yeah, I thought things like that only happened to me....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you.  That's too funny!  Well...at least I'm honest!  Mwahahahahahahahaaaaa....

    Love ya!~

    Suse
    http://journals.aol.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

    P.S.  Again, glad I wasn't drinking anything.  That can be dangerous reading your journal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. keep your eye on youtube...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normal is strictly a setting on the washing machine!  You are just lucky Ryan did snap a picture and put it on her blog.

    ~Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. ::snort:: That's too funny! I'm sorry for laughing but you and I seem to have the strangest things that happen to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No pictures of the event then?
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey he is lucky...at least you are not like 80 yrs old! HA! It will be a story he'll have for later in life...or for a psychiatrist helping him! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At our age we can afford to be open and breezy with our wardrobe (winks)...Rosemary said Ryan had a picture on her journal. I got check it out...yeah I am sick (but then you knew that)...(Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the swim suit... and the hat that goes with the picture.... I am so glad you got to go to Fiesta Texas.... it is one of my fun memories of TX!!  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....