Friday, September 5, 2008

I cannot be this old...

We had a birthday party today.  Let's kiss the 17 year old birthday boy....

Hahahahahahaaaa.....look at his face.  "Seriously, Mother?  And we have to get proof that you're kissing me?  Really?  Tsk."

We celebrated with all of his favorite foods.  Pasta Alfredo, Spaghetti with meatballs, macaroni and cheese.........and garlic bread.  We had salad, too....but that's not one of his favorite foods.  I made ALOT.  Not to say that we will be eating on it forever, because Alex and pasta....oh my gosh.....he will eat and eat and eat pasta til he gets a stomach ache.  5 bowls later, I'm thinking 'maybe you should stop, hmm?'

Of course we had cake.......and there were.......presents.  He was really happy with his presents.  I don't have pictures yet because I didn't load them....so that will have to wait.....but we got him a 2nd guitar for his Guitar Hero game....plus a few games (GH3 and Rock the 80s)...and he received a bunch of games from the rest of the family....and a watch....some cool t shirts.....money.....and some WAY COOL tattoo sleeves.  I gotta get some more of those because they are awesome.

Actually, what I really have to do is find myself some Alka Seltzer, because I ate too much.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday 17 year old!!!  They grow up so fast don't they?  Sounds like you really had a great celebration. I got fat just reading about all that gorgous food!
    Marie
    http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I hope your tummy is now settled!

    A very happy birthday to Alex! Despite his "Aww Mommm" look, I'm willing to bet that he had a pretty good time. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex, Happy birthday mate, all ya have to do now is get Mum to explain to this Brit, what a tattoo sleeve is?

    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday to Alex.  As I Brit I want to know what tattoo sleeves are as well??????

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALEX..AND DON'T FEEL BAD TTO BAD MUM MY ELDEST IS GOING TO BE 24...GULP!
    LYN

    ReplyDelete
  6. He has a fantastic Mom LOL ~  very lucky young man he is :)  It sounds like you had just as much fun!  Blessings and Mucho Hugz**** Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to the rock duuuude :o)
    17!
    Blimey, at 17 I had already been kicked out of college for being a waster!
    18 years later...not much has changed!
    :o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,
    Wow ... sounds like the kid likes his Carbohydrates!  Happy Birthday, Alex.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope he had a great birthday! 17 already! wow...

    Um. I feel dumb for asking, but what are tattoo sleeves?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy B Day, Alex!  Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, Alex!!!  Funny, my son is the same with the pasta, he can eat huge pot by himself.... LOL!!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Alex! It sounds like it was a blow out! Hopefully not from the food (winks)...I'm sure the food stayed put, mom got out the alka seltzer. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....