Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I didn't really wake up with my underwear on backwards

There's a cold front here in Texas! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO.....happy, I am.

(Ha ha....a little Yoda going on there.)

So, the hair. It was red originally. My hair is naturally reddish brown, with a bit of blonde highlights thrown in for good measure.

The haircolor I bought was.....

Champagne blonde.

The color I have after I used it is......

Reddish brown.

Meh.

At least my grey is covered though, so that's something. So much for living on the wild side. At least I tried, right? I'm just going to have to go get a tattoo or something instead.

Unrelated, you all know about me and my insomnia, yes? Well. Yesterday, I took my usual dose of happy meds, vicodin, and benadryl (for my allergies). Come 2:30 AM and I was still wide awake. Jesse said to me "Oh, sorry, I took the last of the Unisom (which is a sleep aid).....maybe you can ask Ryan what she has....." Ryan has a plethora of sleep meds from the doctor because she can't sleep, either. I've made my peace with the insomnia, but she likes to sleep at night, so.....she keeps trying to find the right meds. She said "I have one left of the Ambien.....I tried it but it didn't work for me. You can have it....." I took it, and went to go lay down in bed.

The next thing I knew, it was morning and my underwear was on backwards.

LOL - not really about the underwear, but crikey! I love that stuff! It put me to sleep nothing has ever put me to sleep before, and I am pretty well rounded when it comes to sleeping aids. The funny part though.....is that I remember nothing after I laid down in bed. Haaaahahahaha... now that is a good sleep. I woke up so well rested....and HAPPY!

The sad thing about the whole business though.......the Ambien does not come in generic form and is e.x.p.e.n.s.i.v.e.

CRAP! My friend said I might be able to get my insurace to do some kind of waiver and pay for it, but i won't hold my breath. Either way, I found something that I know works really well.....so when I hit the lottery, I'll be buying myself a couple months' supply.

16 comments:

  1. Hiya. I hope you are able to figure it out and get that med. It sounds like it could help you out alot. I can't sleep most nights either but I don't have health insurance so I just deal with it. take care

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up in the night and could hear voices in my head!
    Then I realised that I had gone to bed listenening to an audiobook on my mp3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, have I got an Ambien story for you! Susan was working in Atlanta and she came in from work and went to the motel (she works weekends only) and took her Ambien. That was about 10am. At 3pm she woke up and there was a foot long chili dog wrapper on the bed from where her Shih-Tsu had eaten it...another foot long on the bedside table that she hadn't eaten it, and a melted grape slushy. Dairy Queen is up the road and across a busy intersection. She was in a t-shirt and her boxer shorts and she doesn't remember driving there, or walking there. But the Shit had a big ole belly!!! LOL
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad about the cold front. I was sick of sweating outside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you have red hair you have to actually take ALL the dye out of it by using the developer mixed with shampoo, leaving it on your head for about 1/2 an hour and then washing it out. This strips most of the color out of your hair and then you can dye it the color you want. Once you have red, it's almost impossible to go with any other color other than black. It will always end up some sortof shade of red.

    I don't sleep either as you know and I just take Benedryl. I still don't sleep though some nights even with massive doses of it. It's just our nature unfortunately.
    LL Cool Whip
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep? hmmm only works if your not megga pissed off at the other half and sleeping on the couch...(Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the hair color--your reddish brown color must be very powerful to make the Champagne Blond its bitch!

    I hope it works out that you can get your insurance co. to pay for the Ambien. It must have felt great to get a good night's sleep!

    Hey, isn't Ambien the one that sometimes causes sleepeating? Yeah, people end up eating things like an entire stick of butter. I could be wrong, but that rings a bell.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't slept through the night since 1984, which coincidently is the about the same time I got married and became a mother.
    Dorn~

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL your undies on backwards... LOL LOL LOL Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy,
    Good for you. Sleep is important. If there are no scary side effects to Ambien, maybe it's worth the $$.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you can find a way to get it covered.(the Ambien)
    Then get yourself a good nights' sleep!
    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  12. I woke myself up farting last night, which is not a good thing, but at least I was asleep when I woke up... If ya get what I mean.
    Gaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I wanna see your hair anyway! I bet it looks purty :).

    Sorry your one true sleeping pill is so expensive. :( Isn't that the way?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy shit, woman! Vicodin or Benadryl alone can knock me right out, and I'm pretty tolerant when it comes to meds. You must be made of steel!

    Hopefully your doctor will tell the insurance company you've tried other sleep meds and they didn't work so the Ambien is medically necessary.

    Have you ever tried Rescue Remedy?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just in Walgreens to switch over to ambien because I was eating on Lunesta, but my insurance won't cover the ambien either. They might cover 14, is that right? I am calling the Doc's office now. I hear the insurance will not cover more than 14/mo and patients pay for the rest. I need to sleep all month...don't know about anyone else!
    Also, my mom just told us Friday night about her sleep eating capers on ambien. Drats! She made a yummy strawberry ice cream and ketchup sundae one night and an omelette with blueberries another night.
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ain't that always how it is? Sheesh!~

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....