Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Leftovers, reheated

It's 3:40 in the AM. Isn't that ridiculous?! I have been having the worst time getting to sleep the past couple of days. pfft. what a pain. (and I tell you, if I take any more meds to help me sleep, I'm going to end up in the hospital for some stomach pumping or something. Either that or I'll have a mental breakdown from loss of sleep. Thinking on that, if I go to the hospital, won't they give me some heavy duty stuff to make me sleep? Yeahhhhhh....that's the stuff I'm talking about! Intravenously, baby! Erm. Okay, that whole last few sentences sounded very junkie-esque, so nevermind them.)

I don't have that much to say, really. It's just that I'm thinking if I type for a while, I'll get out all the random bits in my brain and I'll settle down some.....

Soooo.....what's on my mind.....

*My cat is laying on the table and she looks so calm and adorable and affectionate.

*I'm getting upset with Jesse that I don't have a camera yet. I know which one I want, so dammit!

*I need pink and yellow streamers for my niece's 18th birthday party. It's a month away, but one can never be too ready.

*It was a really nice night tonight.....Jesse took me out for Mexican food....after we dropped the kids off at the movies. After dinner, we went to Dairy Queen. I got a Heath Bar Blizzard like always, but Jesse saw that they had a Banana Creme Pie Blizzard, so he tried that. So. Good. You must try it if you like bananas. As much as I adore my Heath Bar, I'm getting that Banana Creme Pie one next time. (maybe with a shot of chocolate syrup in it? hee hee)

*My neck is KILLING MEEEEEE. So is my right leg. Okay, get this.....I had that car accident a couple years back and since then, my knee has been all jacked up..... but in the past few months, laying on my right side with make my hip, leg, and knee ache so bad, I just want to lay there and cry. If I sit a certain way, it's like I'm cutting off circulation or something. I don't know. I know I have to make an appointment, but for now I'm just going to complain. I know I'm getting chubby and all, but damn....

*Speaking of surgery (oh, please, you know I'm going to end up with knee surgery), Ryan has a surgery consult on Thursday to get her gall bladder out. She is pretty happy about it, because this could mean an end to her feeling miserable. more importantly, she is excited that she may be able to eat and not feel nauseated all the time. I'll keep that issued updated....

.......and um......I think that's it. ?????

(I should put a disclaimer that I don't really MIND the not sleeping thing because I make up for it eventually at some point, but boy, does it bother Jesse. If everyone isn't on the same schedule as he is, he's such a grouch about it. He actually stumbled downstairs to bark at me because I was up with the lights on and going about my business. 'Well, you took a nap today! That's why!" And? good grief, go away already.)

14 comments:

  1. awwww Honey buns.. I'm so sorry about your sleeping problem, I don't sleep well either, I'm usually up and down all night either because I'm too damned hot (cindy won't let me turn the A/C down below 78* and I'm hot flashing like crazy) I even get up and put ice in ziploc bags and put under my arms to cool down!! Meanwhile she is there most of the time sleeping like a blasted log! grrrrrr makes me want to pinch her while she's sleeping. Then she gets upset with me because I'm so tired while I'm up. I wish I could help you :( I'm glad you had such a nice dinner :) It sounded nice though I can't eat Mexican food, it KILLS me ughhhh. I hope that your daughter's gall bladder thingy works out wonderfully!
    Come by my new journal honey... I miss you.
    (((Hugz and Brightest of Blessings))) Teresa

    http://shadowsofthemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awake too. But it is 12.20 in the afternoon here.
    I am just going to make a fat snack.
    See my bloggy blog for the recipe.

    Hope you are asleep now.
    Well not NOW, because that would mean you are sleep reading and thats just plain silly.
    :o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This last couple of weeks I have had trouble sleeping as well, not usually getting off until after 3 a.m. All the stress with blogs has not helped. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that Ryan's gallbladder is what is causing her sickness. If it is, she will feel better immediately. Trust me.

    Get to the doctor for your knee. ASAP.

    I think you'll sleep better when everyone is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Men! He sounds so much like Donnie, lol. Hope the GB surgery helps Ryan. If ya need knee surgery, go ahead and have it done, it's only sore for a little while. The most painful surgery I have had is shoulder surgery and it was quite miserable. I have had family who have had knee surgery. They recovered quite nicely. PT can help too. A lot. Take it from someone who knows!

    Hope all is well in your household soon!

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    P.S. Want me to come down and bonk ya on the head and knock you out for a bit? Mwahahahahaha...seriously, I know it isn't funny. I suffer from insomnia as well at times. I KNOW it ain't no picnic, but sometimes ya just gotta laugh, kwim?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope getting your thoughts down got them out of your head and you were able to get some sleep. I'm the same way...once my mind starts racing, I have a hard time turning it off.

    When I stopped working, I really had a hard time adjusting to a sleep schedule, and I still struggle with it. I'm a night owl by nature, and I could easily stay up until 3 or 4 every night, but I don't want to get completely off of Ken's schedule. I'm starting to do better, especially with the cooler weather. I hope you can adjust, too!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there is something in the air because no one seems to be sleeping...Sending good vibes for Ryan's gallbladder surgery. I think you fess up more when you think your just mindlessly typing and filling the pages (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sleep like you do...several days no sleep and then whammmmm no one can get me up for 12 hours.

    I think if days lasted 35 hours insteand of 24 it would work out good for me...20 hours to work/play and then 15 hours of dreams... Not to mention that I would be younger longer technically speaking...

    (notice that wierd rambling from one who hasn't slept more than a few hours a night in a week)

    Thanks for the 10 lbs I gained reading that description of your deluxe banana cream pie blizxard...its a good thing Dairy Queen closes early around here or I'd add on another 10 by eating one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that you can't sleep Amy. I go on binges like that. It happens to me every second night or so, and it's very frustrating! (((hugs))) That Mexican food and the blizzard sound so delicious. Now I'll be up all night thinking about THEM! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you go for mexican food?

    I've been taking benadryl tablets to help me sleep at night! LOL! It's true and boy do they knock my butt out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really should get your back checked out instead of living with that pain. I did that and almost waited too long! Hope you finally got some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no! A sore neck AND no sleep? Darling, you poor baby! Do you ever do yoga? I bet it's not your thing but I bet it would help loosen everything up. That needed loosening, that is :)
    xoxoc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, sounds like you need to join me - CHEERS! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you know.... that I regularly can't get to sleep until like 2 a.m., and I get up at six. In the morning. Oh. my. god.

    Then about once a week, I pass out for about 12 hours and people think I'm dead or something, so they won't leave me aloooooonnneee!

    ARGH!

    I've been taking melatonin almost every night. It seems to help, if I take it early enough, but god help me if I stay up past my sleepy-time. You know that time when you feel sleepy, but if you fight it, you get over being sleepy, and then when you're mentally READY TO SLEEP your body won't cooperate.

    Just me? Ok, then.

    Pffffft. Love you, punkin. My oldest offspring will be in your fair city in about a week and a half. Sadly, I have to stay here and deal with thing one and thing two...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....