Sunday, December 14, 2008

Moving right along.....

........with my insanity.....

My shoulders are just about up to my ears with tenseness. I either need a massage or some really good sex.

::pause::

Right, then.

Chocolate cookies, it is.

The weather here has been so hot and cold in the same 24 hour period; it is making everyone in the family sick(er). Adding to that, the boys are not good patients. Adrian started out being very sick and in need of extreme cuddling. That was okay....and I watched 72 hours of cartoons without complaint, but once he got to the tail end of his being sick, he's been beastly. Complain, complain, complain. Good gravy, I'm a patient woman.....I really am, but I'm about some slip a mickey into that kids' milk. Speaking of milk, I got brave and said "Alright....no more chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese for you. You're going to eat better even if you hate me for it." Well. Hate is a strong word, but........yeah. The drama..... I mean, whatever will he eat?! He'll waste away and die! Or not. I made him drink orange juice. I made him eat soup. I made him take some vitamin C. One would think he would go into some sort of shock from lack of junk food, right? Quite the contrary....he got better. He still won't admit that it was the food that helped him get better, though. The teen years should be fun with him. The baby of the family and he works it til he can't work it any more.

aaaaaaanyway......before I forget, I want to say THANK YOU so much for your encouraging comments on the last 2 posts. I probably am making my chubbiness out to be more than it is....but I really don't have...........well...... I mean.......gee, I sound needy but I'm, going to say it and be embarassed anyway. I don't feel pretty. I don't. I mean, I know I'm not hideous to look at, and I clean up alright, and the dogs don't care if I have highlights in my hair....but... (Jeeeeezus.....this is the most run-on-ish sentence ever)

Let's just stop and skip that paragraph.

What else......oh! My anniversary is on the 23rd. We'll have been married for 19 years. Seems like a long time, doesn't it?

Okay, I'm going to stop yammering. Have I mixed my meds? My brain isn't working cohesively today. (ha.....like it's different from any other day...)

15 comments:

  1. Tell Jesse you need the sex, then have cookies.

    You'll be a new woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you feel pretty? I told you...I'd kill for dimples like that! In fact, I have. Okay, not really, but I WOULD!

    Maybe you need a dress-up night. Go out to a nice enough restaurant where you can wear a cute little dress and high heels. And don't forget the fishnet stockings. They always make me feel better!

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weather. Yeah, it's mid-70s now, supposed to have a high in the 30s tomorrow. What the hell.

    Sickies. Hmm. I blame the weather. I haven't had a "normal" voice for two weeks. In fact, right now, I sound like a cell phone that's cutting out. You get like every other word... Doug says I'm the perfect woman at the mo... lol

    It is very difficult to feel pretty when you're dealing with constant cooties, even if they're not your own. Give yourself a break, punkin. And tell Jesse you need some nookie. Sex fixes a lot. A. LOT. Including headaches and certainly tension. Does nothing to get your house clean, but if you get it good, maybe you won't care. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel pretty either... can I get the really good sex too? Can I? ;o)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be willing to bet that 2/3 of your female readers are more overweight than you. We sympathize. We know your pain.

    Does misery love company? If so, you should feel encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go for the massage and the sex. Why settle for just one. And, it is not a matter of you feeling pretty or not. You are pretty. It is an objective fact. So deal with that, beautiful!

    Congrats on your anniversary! That is a long time. You should be proud of yourself. Long marriages are a result of work. Most people give up when the work is required.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just make me giggle so much when you ramble! LOL! Feeling pretty huh? What's that like? I have no clue! I can't tell you the last time I put makeup on or had my hair cut. Kids don't care, dogs don't care, spouse doesn't either, so why bother? Why not have sex and eat cookies at the same time? Hee-hee! Sounds fun right?
    LL Cool Whip

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are gorgeous! We just have to do the same thing, stop wearing ourselves out taking care of everyone else instead of ourselves. I have been feeling exactly the same way lately and I have finally decided I just have to stop taking care of everyone else and skipping the me part. It's time for me to get my routine back... even if it is only a ten minute walk a day...some time just for me. I will feel so much better and I will feel prettier too...LOL and then I will get that natural glow back in my cheeks. Super hugs and remember to get some time for just you and whatever it is you need.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to you two. I hope you all start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chuckles at Sara's comment. She only has to wait a week and then she is gonna be the best looking woman in the whole world ever ever ever. ;o)

    I love soup. And vitamin C.
    Mmmmm C.
    :o)

    I have some grapefruit in the fridge. I have to pop to town and do some shopping in a minute but when I come back I think I shall have me a half a grapefruit in a bowl.
    Mmmm yummmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, what can I say in comment, Amy? Hope you've been sorted, is all ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're gorgeous! I love your curls, your smiling eyes! I know how you feel about the weight tho, just a couple pounds is enough to make me nuts, I hate having to wear my fat jeans and am working on portion control (I have the gluttony sin).
    Enjoy the holidays with your adorable family! xoxoc

    ReplyDelete
  13. My brain NEVER works cohesively anymore. ::sigh:: Growing old sux. I have never felt attractive or photogenic. I can relate to what you are saying. Donnie is quite sick too and just started that new job, poor thing. I was wrong about the health insurance. They only have a 401K and Life insurance. Guess we will keep looking. Bummer. Hope your family is all well real soon.

    Merry CHRISTmas!~

    Suse

    P.S. Cats are hysterical creatures. Sadly, I am down to two now. Was vacumning behind the sofa yesterday and realized one of my kitties had torn the wallcovering about 5 inches. If the landlord sees that, it is $45 per month per pet!!!!! :-0

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....