Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I might be hacking, but a free apron would make it better

I have been fighting a cough the last day or so [hackwheeze]. Every time I talk, I end up coughing. Meh. Not like I'm coughing anything up. I'm just hacking for the fun of it, you know.

(I know what you're going to say. 'Well, then, stop your yakking!' Y'all know me. I talk talk talk.)

Anyway, last night, after I was able to stop my coughing and fall asleep.......a few hours later, I woke up hot. No fever, but good grief.....I was sweating. and coughing. The dogs took the opportunity that I was awake to talk me into going downstairs to let them out. Then I noticed I had a headache. A bad one. Soooo I took some more meds, fell back asleep.......and then when I woke up at 11, I noticed I had a cat laying across my face. Who knows how long she had been there, but it's a little hard to breathe when a cat is trying to tell you to get your ass up and feed them or they will kill you.

Moving along......

Marie (from A Year At Oak Cottage) mentioned a giveaway that another blog she reads is having. I signed my name in the pot........'cause I LOVE aprons, and that is one of the things you can win. Go peek!



(and um.....'cause it's not the same adding a picture link on Blogger as it was on AOL.....here's the linkage: Book and Apron Giveaway! )

10 comments:

  1. It's a long time since I've had a pussy laying on my face ;-)
    Gaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin (my hubby) just went to the doctor today for a cough he's had for 3 weeks. He was put on Prednisone and cough syrup with codeine. Hopefully it will work.

    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cough? The cat hairs are tickling your throat. Kick the cat off the bed!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel lots better soon!*SK*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really an apron sort of girl, but a cat on my face I can relate to.
    Un unfed animal in your home? Inconceivable. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon, punkin.

    My poor cat isn't allowed in the house (though I sneak her in sometimes). Relatives with allergies, you know. @@

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better sweets. My He-weasel has had it for a month. First it was pnemonia and then it turned into a sinus infection, and now a bronchial infection. Get to a doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amy,
    I had/am getting over that cold, too ... it's really making the rounds. Take care of yourself!
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aprons, eh? Hm wonder what significance that has. Gaz sees to have some idea lol but his kind of kitties wear j-straps God love em. Take care to get over that bug, I'm wide-eyed reading how many of your readers feel sick too. I'm just tired (too much sleep) lol :-))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think AOL was way more user friendly when it worked. I'm still cold. Haven't made that cocoa yet. Been to caught up catchin' up on your blog. I have learned NOT to eat or drink while reading what you right. I end up spraying everying and/or getting choked cuz you're so damn funny.

    Love ya,

    Suse

    P.S. Hahahahaha on Gaz's comment. Seems he has a sense of humor too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....