Thursday, February 5, 2009

It wasn't me! (Was it?)

My son is not one to tell cruel jokes in the hope of it being funny, so I am going to have to guess that the following story is the truth.

Are you ready?

I'm not ready, and I was there.

Okay.....so Adrian slept with me last night. (Quit watching scary movies, will you, kid?!)

This morning I woke up and noticed a half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on my nightstand.

::blink::

Alright.....well.....whatever. Maybe somebody got hungry in the middle of the night and just left it on my nightstand, right?

RIGHT?!

Later on, I said to Adrian "Hey....did you get hungry last night?"

He said "Uhhhh what?"

"There was a peanut butter sandwich on my nightstand......?"

"Yeah......you made it and ate it. You made me a bologna sandwich, too. We ate them upstairs.....?"

"We did? I came downstairs and made us sandwiches?"

"Yeah...."

OH. MY. GAWD!

I'M SLEEP-EATING!!!!!!! [A.M.B.I.E.N.? I swear I thought you people were joking when you said that about Ambien!]

10 comments:

  1. No--it's real. I remember reading about it and seeing a program on it when they first found out it was happening. At least you're eating decent stuff--some people eat stuff like sticks of butter, raw bacon, etc.

    Google it and read up on the side effects. I don't know if you could cut the dose a little bit and it might help...? I'd definitely talk to your doc about it.

    No harm done, but it would definitely be a weird thing to know that you were eating and not knowing it.

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's some weird stuff. I eat all the time as it is, I do NOT need to start eating in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea!! I'd better read up on that... *SK*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap!! At least you didn't decide to cook something on the stove as you were sleep cooking/eating. YIKES!! Remind me to never take that stuff.
    Love,
    LL CoolWhip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy,
    I've got a story for you! When Susan was taking Ambien, she actually DROVE across a busy intersection (she was working and staying at a motel) ordered two foot long chili dogs and a grape slushy and woke up when her alarm went off. She found her Shit, Claudia asleep with a big huge belly...two empty chili dog wrappers and a melted slushy on her nightstand. And yes, she was taking Ambien!
    Connie

    Oh, and she was only wearing a pair of boxer shorts and a t shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But of course, Amy, the Super Mother would disrupt her sleep pattern to make her loving family sandwiches. Hopefully without salmonella. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd quit taking that stuff straight away......... Sheesh, I must lok it up as I've never heard of it.
    Gaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sleep-eating AND sleep-sandwich making!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been around much, but just read this entry....
    I have to tell you, my mother sleep eats AND sleep cooks on Ambien. She would kill me is she knew I was telling, but she makes the funkiest stuff in her sleep, too...like blueberry omelets and catsup sundaes. Ok, in her defense, she thought the catsup was strawberry syrup...but she ate it...and liked it....until she realized what she ate...the NEXT DAY!
    I've missed reading your blog. I hope to be back soon!
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Mom does that without Ambien, lololol.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....