Monday, February 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook ~ Feb. 23 edition


For Today...February 23rd

Outside my window... it is dark and rather chilly. I need a sweater...

I am thinking... how much the pollen is killing me lately. Of course, I sleep with the window open - glutton that I am.

I am thankful for... the fact that bedtime is fast approaching.

From the kitchen... nothing going on in there today! We went out for lunch to Taco Bell and noone is hungry yet. Maybe it will be Fend-For-Yourself Night.

I am wearing... jeans, a black tank top, and espresso colored long sleeve shirt over that...

I am reading... the new issue of Country Home. This is the 2nd magazine subscription to notify me that they were closing up shop and they would give me another magazine to finish out my subscription. I'm annoyed to say the least. If I had wanted another magazine, I would have ordered that one! Tsk.

I am hoping... that my allergies are kept in check by the copious amounts of antihistamine I have been taking.

I am creating... nothing, really....

I am hearing... Guitar Hero. :-X

Around the house... some tidying needs to be done. Freaking paperwork mess!

One of my favorite things... is finding little goodies online. http://victoriannightgowns.com/

A few plans for the rest of the week... a visit to my new 'mental health' doctor. My last one retired. Sad, really, because he was the awesomeness of all awesomeness.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Tilt your head to the left when looking at this picture. This is our Golden Retriever, who insists on sticking his snout in our crotch and just standing there waiting for us to scratch his ears. He doesn't sniff or nudge at us.....he just does it as a comfort thing.....having his snout covered like that. It does get awkward when we have guests over though. LOL
(Check out more Daybook participants at.....~The Simple Woman's Daybook~)

8 comments:

  1. A sweater? Those Victorian nightgowns not keeping you warm enough? My Shepherd used to do the same thing, but he did sniff. It was like having a rude playful hairy bf. I'm Italian so I know that sensation. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    Ahhh ... a "fend-for-yourself-night." When I was growing up we used to call them "Yo-Yo" dinners ("you're on your own!").
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day book entry Amy. I have to laugh at your dog picture. How cute!!! I Love Victorian nightgowns. They make me feel so feminine and almost pretty. I also miss Taco Bell dreadfully. What kind of a country doesn't have a Taco Bell??? It's pretty sad . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. My female retriever mix does the same thing! She loves to bury her face when you pet her, even when you are blowing her dry after a bath. Glad I am not alone.
    Love,
    LL CoolWhip

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the retreiver. Is that a Golden thing? Miss J had a random golden do that to her at the dog park a couple weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee-hee, I would love to hear a Victorian womans response to this post. I don't then they had Taco Bell back then, did they?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL at Mary's comment!

    An espresso-colored shirt. Um...would that be brown? I have an aubergine shirt. ;)

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I can't even type what I want to say to this picture! Lets just say LMAO and keep it clean. LMAO LMAO

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....