Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 16th

For Today...February 16th

Outside my window... it's dark....and very early in the morning. I haven't been to bed yet, but I'm not yet tired. I'm sure I will be sleepy all day though....

I am thinking... that St. Valentine's Day brings out a really sweet side of my husband.

I am thankful for... the smell of the roses on my dining room table

From the kitchen... eek. Nobody walk in that kitchen. A bomb went off in there!

I am wearing... blue and white striped pajama bottoms and a white t shirt. (and socks and underwear!)

I am reading... Cholos and Surfers. I don't know if I like it yet.

I am hoping... for a really good massage. I was supposed to get one tonight, but my masseuse fell asleep on the couch, so I sent him off to bed.

I am creating... laundry detergent. I think I'll put essential oil in Batch # 2.


I am hearing... the fan on the computer, the dog scuffling his feet in his dreams...

Around the house... is a massive amount of laundry. I would have to run that washer night and day to catch up...

One of my favorite things... is spending time with my husband when he isn't stressed, like tonight. We went out for dinner. Just the two of us...

A few plans for the rest of the week... try to walk the dogs on a regular basis. They get plenty of exercise running around like nuts, but I don't. I could stand a bit of walking...

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Visit here: ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ to see more blog entries from the Daybook!

9 comments:

  1. That's a very nice photo of you and Jesse!
    I've been lurking around the Simple Woman's Daybook entries, but haven't done it yet.
    Hope you get that massage soon!

    :) Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, does your husband read this? Does he know you tell me reallllly nice things about him in email? ;-0
    What a great picture.
    Creating laundry detergent? Can you create a kind that gets cat hair off cashmere blankets & sent it to me? ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these entries you do. Well, I love ALL your entries, but these are special.

    And I noticed you are wearing your wedding ring in your pic. (Big Grin)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been up all night a couple of nights lately myself. Very nice photo.

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list of things--sounds like one of these memes they pass around. Very impressed about the detergent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a SWEET picture of you and your honey!! Love it! How do you make laundry detergent? I have the eseential oils already, but what do I mix with them? Tell me!!!! I have a bunch of people to wash for and never seem to catch up, so the expense of the detergent is killing me. I am in love with the Snuggle White Lavender/Sandlewood fabric softener and splurge each week when I buy it (it's almost $5!).

    So glad you had a happy Valentine's day your way! You deserve it!
    Love,
    LL CoolWhip

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you really put essential oils in laundry? Tell us your secrets!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture of you and Jesse. Very very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your picture thought Amy!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....