Monday, February 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for February 9th


(http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/)

For Today...February 9th


Outside my window... it is dark and windy. Not cold..just windy.



I am thinking... about how sad I feel.




From the learning rooms... I am trying to find books that my 10 yr old will like.




I am thankful for... the comfort food gives me.




From the kitchen... leftovers from Saturday's party. Brisket, rice, beans, cake....




I am wearing... jeans and a t shirt. eh.




I am reading... cookbooks, because I had to weed through them and give some away.




I am hoping... that I cheer up. New meds might help.




I am creating... a menu for the next day or so...




I am hearing... the TV. I can't express how much I long for quiet.




Around the house... there is clutter that is stressing me out, but my husband won't get rid of it.




One of my favorite things... is petfinder.com. Whenever I look at all the silly animals, it makes me smile.




A few plans for the rest of the week... are to eat less and cook more. We'll see how that goes.




Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



This is my sister in law. I love her immeasureably. She lost 70 lbs in 6 month and I am SO proud of her (and really really jealous, too.). She worked hard and it paid off. She inspires me to try harder.

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I may steal it for tomorrows post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather depressed too. Not normal for me, but there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy if you like cute animals, have you checked out Cute Overload? I love it, always a cute animal to make you giggle!

    http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/

    ReplyDelete
  4. And if you don't like or can't handle Cute Overload, there's its evil flipside....

    http://fuckyoupenguin.blogspot.com/

    (Erm, as you might have guessed, there's some, um, crude language on this one... heh)

    ~~~~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are having a hard time. Thank you, dear Amy, for sharing your secret on my blog and entering my contest. Hugs to you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your SIL looks great! Congrats to her for her efforts and accomplishment!

    I am sorry you feel sad, and I hope you'll reach equilibrium soon, hon. {{hugs}}

    As for the TV and wanting quiet? Always remember and never forget: it has an off button, and if Mama wants peace and quiet, I say Mama GETS peace and quiet.

    So there.

    Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. The woman without a tv(who is listening to Franco Corelli right now) says, TURN THE TV OFF.
    Eat something French cheesy. Have a wine cooler. Stop looking at the picture of your sil :-0 Jk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think life in general is sad, the way things are turning out, seem to be fighting a losing battle trying to find happiness cos there's so much to drag you down. I wish I had been born in cavewoman and caveman times, such simplicity, it seems.
    let's hope life dishes us some good times eh
    x Lynbo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amy I have three words for you to cheer you up:
    Never
    Give
    Up

    Lisa in KY

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to look like that again!~

    Hugs!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....