Wednesday, February 11, 2009

talk about false advertisement...

I will be the first to admit that my son is naive and a little gullible (much like my sister).

I preface the entry with that because......

Adrian is taking a shower in my bathroom whilst I am laying on the bed browsing a catalogue.

He yells "Mom! This soap-shampoo stuff is AWESOME!"

"It is?" I said. "Why?!"

"I don't even have to use a towel when I'm done!"

I'm thinking 'what the......'

I stuck my head in the door and said "How do you figure you don't need a towel?!"

He says "This stuff says it will clean you without drying your skin!"

::gigglechoke::

"Erm.....well, it does say that, but what it means is that you won't have dry flaky skin.....not so much that you don't need to use a towel."

"Oh. Well, then this soap isn't so cool, then."

Yeah. Freakin' Dial soap and their misleading claims!

Moving right along, last night I was chillin' at home....doin' my thing......you know....

.......and went to go pee. I'm in the downstairs bathroom, and I start hearing this tapping....pinging type noise.

I'm thinking 'What in the hell is Alex doing upstairs?!'

I'm usually pretty good at figuring out what noises are what and who is doing what......but this noise I couldn't figure out. The noise got quicker and louder........

I came out and said to Jesse "What is Alex......oohhhhh, pretty lightning! It's raining!"

He said "Yeah.....kinda hard, too. Wait a minute! That's hail!"

Hail. In South Texas.

Monday was so hot, we were wearing shorts and had the air conditioner on.

Tuesday? Wild wind, rain, and hail.

It lasted all of 10 minutes and then the hail moved along like it never even happened.

Although, thankfully, it did cool off a decent bit here. I've finally got the doors and windows open and it feels so good.

9 comments:

  1. Adrian and the non-drying soap...LOL! I don't think he'll be living that one down anytime soon!

    I was able to open the window yesterday, but for a very different reason...it was WARM enough that I could do it! There's some sort of deep philosophical lesson there, both of us opening our windows but for such different reasons, if I could only grasp it....

    ;) Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder if my sister in Mission is getting crazy weather like that? I'd better call her today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to open my windows for some fresh air, I'm craving it. Adrian (chuckles) I'm sorry I can't say anything without laughing. That is definitely one for the books. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Miss J LOVES crazy weather. Or rather Hail. Not so much hurricanes or the like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Adrian and the soap.... how cute is that. He sounds adorable!! Hail in Texas!! The weather sure is crazy these days. We never ever had tornado warnings in the winter as I recall in my childhood but here I am living it. Tornados were for summer. The weather is confused. I think we need to have a talk with the weather man LOL.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our kids are better than any comediennes. LOL
    Our weather here has been crazy too. Makes you kinda wonder what's in store for us in the future...
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did anyone try using the soap without a towel? Maybe Adrian was right...

    This is great stuff. :-)

    Hugs for you...
    Ben
    http://ben-better-left-unsaid

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute tale - I love the way children takes thing literally. xv

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when you write about Adrian's antics. The weather where you are sounds like the weather in Colorado. We had three different kinds of weather there in one day!

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....