Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook





For Today...March 23rd

Outside my window... crickets are chirping and the wind is blowing. We're expecting some rain....and man, can I feel the humidity. My hair looks deranged...


I am thinking... that I would very much like for this headache to go away. It has been plaguing me most of the afternoon and evening.


From the learning rooms... Adrian really dislikes writing letters. He is very unsure about his spelling and doesn't want to write anything for fear of it being 'wrong'. Whaaaaa? I tell him I don't care if it's wrong as long as it resembles some sort of word, but aurgh....


I am thankful for... that it is nearing bedtime.


From the kitchen... chicken wings in Frank's Hot Sauce....along with celery and bleu cheese bacon dressing.


I am wearing... black stretchy lounge pants, socks, and a yellow t shirt that reads 'If Life Gives You Lemons, Squeeze Them In People's Eyes!'


I am reading... Catholicism For Dummies. I do like the Dummies series books. If I need to know about something, I'd rather people talk to me like I'm 10, so I get it.....


I am hoping... to get a good massage tonight. Cross your fingers for me, people.


I am creating... nothing at the moment, but I feel the need to bake something. Maybe tomorrow.


I am hearing... 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' - some movie on TV.


Around the house... dusting needs to be done, and so does the laundry. (and I'm getting tired of pulling out that [profanity here] steam cleaner because one of the animals keeps peeing on the carpet!)


One of my favorite things... is cookies. mmmm - warm cookies.


A few plans for the rest of the week... I have no plans. Please, please let this be an uneventful week.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

Sophie loves Zely because Zely throws food at her. Zely loves Sophie because she loves grabbing a soft mass of fur and screaming, and Sophie lets her.

...and so ends this episode of ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ . Hit the link for more Daybook entries!!

(I just noticed that the date stamp on that picture says 01/26/2007. What the......somebody has been messing with my camera!)

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable picture Amy!! Oh how I miss the sound of crickets and frogs in the evening. I have yet to hear that over here. I think perhaps they don't exist here??? Great day book!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....