Friday, March 13, 2009

that fruity streusely thing....


.......was even better this morning for breakfast. cold.

I made a double batch because today is No Meat Friday and lazy beast that I am, I knew I would want to just eat whatever was already in the fridge as opposed to actually making something.....

The Recipe:

Fruit 'n Oat Streusel


6 Tablespoons Butter
3/4 C. Sugar
3/4 C. Flour
3/4 C. Old Fashioned Oats (not quick cooking oats)
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 can (21oz.) Pie Filling - any flavor you like - I used apple

*Heat oven to 375°F. Spray a two-quart baking dish with non-stick spray (or grease it with butter.....whatever) and set aside.

*Combine butter, sugar, flour, oats, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Spread 1/2 of the crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of the baking dish. Layer the pie filling on top of the crumbs and top with the remaining crumb mixture.

*Bake on the middle oven rack for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.


Amy's note: After I put the pie filling in, I spooned some toffee caramel dip on top and then put the crumb mixture on. It was a really good addition.


11 comments:

  1. Wow, that sure looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm gonna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to have to try this. I imagine it will be a double batch for me as well. Paul eats like a football team...sigh...the thing is he doesn't gain an ounce eating like that either. What gives? (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT make a double batch of something like that in a house with spoiled cats. They'd be going to the vet with streusel pains. I know streusel isn't a cat appropriate food group. But they have such BIG eyes. I must say anything that combines butter sugar oats and cinnamon has my vote.~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starving...and this looks AWESOME. I'm going home now to try to make it myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    That sure looks good. Too bad I can't (or don't) cook ...
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks soooo good. I'm with Indigo, I would have to make a double batch as well. Now I'm hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to the grocery store in a couple days, and I've written down these ingredients...so PLEASE don't delete this entry cuz I am for SURE going to make this. It looks wonderful!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious Amy! What a fantastic picture. I swear I gained ten pounds just by looking at it! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  9. That reminds me. I have a rhubarb crumble in the freezer.
    Mmmm rhubarb.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks soooo yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Me wants!
    Love,
    LL CoolWhip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going to the store tomorrow to pick up the stuff. This sounds delicious!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....