Thursday, April 2, 2009

a little Q and A - not Law and Order style

La Belette Rouge has tagged me with some Q and A. Yay! Talking about myself!

Perfect timing, because I've been trying to think of something witty to say in my blog for the past week, and end up falling a tad short.

The guidelines:
1. Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question you dislike with a question of your own invention; add a question of your own.
2. Tag eight other un-tagged people.

What is your current obsession? Creating a sweet soothing bedroom. I am favoring the Shabby Chic style lately, which my husband is balking at. You know....because all of his man friends are going to stalk up to our bedroom, see some pink, and question his machismo. and a chandelier. I want a chandelier.

Good fika place? (That would be coffee to us non-Swedes) My house. I buy Cafe Ole Snickernut coffee. Even people that swear up and down that they only like plain coffee love it.

Do you nap a lot? As much as I can.

Who was the last person you hugged? Adrian. He wakes up very lovey.

What’s for dinner? Last night was pan fried pork chops with mushroom wine gravy and julienne potatoes. We were lacking any vegetables in the house. Oh well. Tonight will be Fideo.

What was the last thing you bought? Fake flowers from The Dollar Tree. I'm all about spending the $$$.

What are you listening to right now? Wind gusting outside. The wind is so strong that there are things in my yard that are not mine.

What is your favourite weather? cool and almost rainy.......with a good breeze. Kinda like San Francisco. I would totally live there if I could afford it.

What’s on your bedside table? a lamp, a few magazines, the Paris Apartment book, my glasses, St Ives lotion for sensitive skin, and an empty glass

Say something to the person/s who tagged you. Lovely Belette......you make me feel that it is okay to be me.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? Ireland...with sheep and some Highland cattle out my window.

Favourite vacation spot? Mexico. At my in laws' house.

Name the things you can’t live without. my family, my pets, roses, coffee, liquor, mexican food.

What would you like to have in your hands right now? A really huge check from Publishers Clearinghouse......orrrr a high payout winning lottery ticket.

What is your favourite tea flavour? I'm not big on flavours. I'm just your basic plain ol' sweet tea and plenty of it kind o' gal.

What would you like to get rid of? Depression and doubt. Hunger in our country. Abuse in any form, especially that of children and animals. 45 pounds.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? wow. I don't know! I don't know where my Bliss is yet.

What did you want to become as a child? A flight attendant. My aunt was one, and she was glamorous, and I wanted to be like her.

What object can you look at, and smile, and feel yourself relaxing? (This is my question) baby animals. love, love, love them. especially ferrets.

What are you reading right now? Blogs, magazines, cookbooks

What's your favourite brand of jeans? Levis.

What designer piece of clothing would you most like to own (new or vintage)? eek. I am really not in a place right now where fashion rules. It's mainly about how I hope X comes in my size. pfft.

I tag:
You. Do it. I'm watching you.
I don't know of eight people who would for sure do this, so if you might be willing, then please do so I can pretend like I have friends.

12 comments:

  1. Hope you're having good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely do these things, so I'll pass. But I enjoyed your answers very much, so that means I'm still your friend. :D

    Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do these things either, but I liked your answers!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Kaylee

    http://www.craigslistpostingonline.info

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! I want a chandelier too! ..and these guys know that they love feeling all glamorous in our girly bedroom. LOL, much better than the futon and posters they started out with ;)

    this was funny, if I get time today I'm going to do it.

    Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these posts because it sheds a little more light on the people whose lives I'm intruding into already.

    I don't think I've ever heard of anyone saying their favorite weather is "cool and almost rainy.....with a good breeze." But I like that sort of thing, too.

    And my sincerest apologies, but I have to go along with your husband on the bedroom thing. I'd hate to have his friends take his man card away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading your answers.
    I put a chandelier in my bedroom. I also added a lovely art deco rug. I have found some amazing things on Craigslist. In San Francisco and the Bay Area, you can find treasures on CL at great prices sometimes if you just keep looking...sometimes even antiques or vintange. Which leads me to... I hate the weather here, I wish we had more heat and sunshine. I am always taking the kids anywhere I can to find the sun in the summer. Wanna trade?
    Enjoy the weekend!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would do it but I'm a very, VERY lazy blogger lately - but I liked reading yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pAK kARAMU VISITING YOUR BLOG mEH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for answering my questions. It is lovely to learn more about you. Amy, that is such a nice thing you said. I am touched and honoured if I do that. Really, I want you to know how much that means to me. Huge hugs to you.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy, I did it! Thanks for "tagging" me (indirectly, anyway).

    And I've been wanting a chandelier (sp?) to put up in my bedroom... so when people come over they can ask about it... and we can tell them, "Well, we've told you we have wild sex, and even sometimes 'hang from the chandelier'!" lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did mine on my blog too! Check me out! http://itsjustfooddude.blogspot.com/

    I love this sort of thing. Thanks for the "tag".

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....