Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for April 6th



FOR TODAY....April 6th, 2009 ...

Outside My Window... are birds flitting about in the birdbath...in the tree...and in my rose bushes.

I am thinking... that I hope Ryan's tortoise is alright. Oftentimes, she brings him out of his cage to walk around on the carpet and get his exercise. She usually lays down next to him and watches him explore...and protects him from the other animals. Well, today, the Golden came bounding down the stairs, and stepped on the tortoise. We all just about fainted. Some funk came out from the side of him, and his side where the top and bottom shells connect was rather soft, so......off to the vet they went.

I am thankful for... being able to go to The Strawberry Festival - yesterday. It's only three days long (as opposed to the one in Florida that was 2 weeks long!)...and not very big, but it was still fun to get out.....see some fun shows....pet a donkey or two....and eat. Lord have mercy, did I eat. Yeahhhhhh.........

From the kitchen... Jesse is making Gorditas . We had them yesterday at the fair and they were crazy good. Let's hope our attempt is successful. (amusing note via Wikipedia: Gordita may also be used in Spanish as a term of endearment used to describe an attractive woman or girl who is curvaceous or heavy set. It may be used similarly to the colloquial phrases "little butterball", "pleasantly plump", or "got back" in English.)

I am wearing... jeans, socks, underwear, a tank top, and a light sweater.

I am creating... a blog post. Not much else.

I am going... nowhere. I have no money after yesterday. Ah well.....

I am reading... Catholicism For Dummies still. It's a lengthy read and I have to read it in snippets because I'm always getting interrupted.

I am hoping... my sunburn fades quickly. I keep forgetting I'm burned and go to rub my face. ouch.

I am hearing... the TV and Adrian chattering.

Around the house... are little chores needing to be done. Vacuuming, some dishes, some more laundry. If I wasn't shy and fat, I'd totally be a nudist so I wouldn't have to do the damned laundry so much.

One of my favorite things... is quiet. Meh.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... doing some maintenance on the dogs - baths, brushing, ear cleaning. I'm also going to try to churn out a menu plan for dinner.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
mmmm - strawberry shortcake. Clearly, I'm not sharing that.
More Daybook entries at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ !

15 comments:

  1. Wow, your face is pink in this shot. LOL I wish we had some sun. I'm headed your way. You give me strawberry shortcake and beer (not together) and I'll do a few loads of your laundry. Please, keep your clothes on while I'm there, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A strawberry festival sounds fun! We have nothing like that around here unless you want to go to mule day. (you don't.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! After I leave your house, I'm headed to Heather's for mule day! yaaahooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Yikes ... can't stop thinking about that poor turtle. I hope it's OK.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second time tonight I've seen/heard about strawberry shortcake! I'm drooling over here!

    I sure hope the turtle is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids are after me to get them a pet turtle. After reading what may well happen when one of them steps on it, I'm going with goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks delicious!! I have not had strawberry shortcake in ages! I wonder if they have a strawberry festival around here in KY? Do you read Pauline's journal in TX as she also just went to a strawberry festival! Glad to hear you are wearing undies LOL. Yes the chores... do we ever get to stop? I guess they keep life clean and orderly though and give us a sense of satisfaction when we are done. Or are we just being led to a mirage thinking we are satisfied? LOL I have not figured that one out yet. Love the way your entry was organized... the from the kitchen and what you were wearing and thinking and doing, etc. I am really hoping that turtle isn't as squished as it sounds.... please let us know what happens to turtle dude.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm Gorditas and Strawberry shortcakes in one post!! Looks and sounds so delicious!! Great day book Amy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS I hope the tortoise is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so happy and content with that shortcake LOL... that'd be Cindy all the way, it's her favorite dessert :) When it's strawberry season here I buy a few quarts off and on and slice them up, put some sugar in them and put them in the fridge so that they will get that "juice" going...add pound cake and whipped cream she's in heaven...
    I really hope the tortoise is ok...poor baby :(
    I do most of the chores around the house...because Cindy works more than I do. My least fav things about cleaning??? dusting and mopping ugh ugh ugh. I'm hoping once we have all the updates done on the house it won't be so blasted dusty LOL.
    I love your entries because they ALWAYS make me smile and wish I lived nearer to you. Except when you are really bummed about something then I feel so sad for you...
    Hugs and Love,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Marty...I can't stop thinking about poor Mr. Tortoise. I hope he's okay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Ryan's tortoise is OK.
    Poor little guy.

    Strawberry Festival sounds fun!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  13. The poor turtle! I'll keep the little thing in prayers! Keep us updated!

    That strawberry shortcake looks soooo goooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the photo - so cute! How's the sunburn?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I played along on the simple woman's daybook too by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....