Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook for May 11th



FOR TODAY, Monday, May 11th...

Outside my window... it's cloudy, but still very hot.

I am thinking... about myself. Something is wrong with me. Exhaustion? Depression? I don't know, but i could go back to bed for 2 days and not even think twice about it.

I am thankful for...for my husband cutting the grass. It was getting really bad.

From the kitchen... there is a bit of leftovers from yesterday's dinner. There was a Mother's Day dinner at my house yesterday.

I am wearing... jeans and a tank top. Nothing special...

I am creating... an inviting spot for my neighborhood birds. I like watching them come to see what's been left for their snack and alerting the other birds that there's good stuff. It's fun to watch them taking a bath in the evenings, too. I have two blackbirds that show up every night for a bath.

I am going... to hopefully stay inside the house. The heat is very draining.....

I am reading... cookbooks. Everybody benefits.

I am hoping... that I feel more energetic soon.

I am hearing... the text message chime on my cell phone. No, there is no leftover Chinese food. Sorry.

Around the house... there are a bunch of flowers. I love having flowers here and there.....

One of my favorite things... are chickens. I've been perusing ChickenCams. You would think that after The Goose Incident, I would not be fond of fowl, but chickens make me laugh.

A few plans for the rest of the week: not sure.....the in laws are here for their visit, so plans usually aren't made on those weeks....

Here is picture thought I am sharing..
Valencia loves her blue frosting.
Go visit ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ for more Daybook participants.....or play along!

13 comments:

  1. I'll have to do this one myself. Love that picture. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, shoot me, I aint read your blog for a while.... Still thought about you and still love ya. I wrote too.
    Gaz xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading your SW Daybook entries.

    Love the picture at the bottom! What beauties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just dropping by to say Hi and that I am thinking of you! Been too wrapped up in lots of stuff to spend time at Blogger, sorry about that.
    Sending hugs your way!
    LL Cool Whip
    XOXOXO
    Happy Mommy's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day! I could go back to sleep for two days also! Then I might actually feel rested! I like the idea of attracting the birds!
    Lisa in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassie slept for fourteen hours Saturday night/Sunday morning. I haven't been so jealous of ANYONE in ages.

    ::sigh::

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chickens too Amy! Loved the picture. Your daughter is a beautiful girl. I can see a lot of you in her. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do chickens and turtles get along? I am sensing a new pet is on the horizon?
    p.s. Lily LOVES the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you're feeling more energetic soon. Heat sucks it out of a person, that's for sure. It's a downward spiral from there. (Sorry to sound so dang depressing...)

    It's actually a cool, breezy, sunny day here. I'm working up the energy to get my rear outside and into the muddy garden. (Sorry to flaunt our lovely weather in your face...)

    Man, this comment is making me sound like a nasty person. I'm not. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ChickenCams? ROFL! You crack me up! Hugs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find myself staying inside when the heats starts rising too. I don't deal well with hot temperatures. Even worse? HUMIDITY. Ugghh.

    Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my lord, when did Valencia go from being a baby to a little girl? Have I been away that long? Sheesh! She's grown A LOT! We had a severe storm here on Mother's Day. Power was out for 11hours. That nice dinner my hubby was gonna fix for me turned out to be a bologna sandwich because of it, so it wasn't the Mother's Day we had planned, but Brandon came home for the weekend and we were all together, so that made me quite happy. Hope your day was a great one.

    Love ya!

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....