Sparky hadn't really been the same since that incident. He was very withdrawn and didn't enjoy the stuff he enjoyed before - grapes, strawberries, etc. (Tortoises shouldn't have that much fruit.....only as a treat here and there...)
When Ryan had taken him to the vet after the dog stepped on him, the vet said that the 48 hours after that were crucial. If he made it through the 48 hours, the chances of him healing and recovering 100% were greatly increased, and more than likely, he would be fine.
Sadly, that was not to be.
Sparky passed away last night.
My heart aches for my baby girl. She was his 'mommy' and she loved him so so much.
Ryan on her 18th birthday (last year) with Sparky