Sunday, June 7, 2009

Guadalupe River

Because it is summer, and as a Texan, it is required that you must go tubing on whatever river is closest to you, we went to the Guadalupe River on Friday. Don't want anybody rescinding our 'Official Texan' card, you know....


"Ow." "Ow." "Ow! Stupid rocks! Why don't we have water shoes?!"

My sister in law, Vicky, and Zely


2 of my nephews swinging off the rocks. Not sure who that other guy is, but he was nice and helpful.


Random group shot...

So, this little trip was a little bit birthday trip for Ryan combined with scouting out an area for camping. We shall see how that goes, but I was a little disappointed that the camping sites are so far from the river. Hmm....
At any rate, it was a really fun day. Not too hot, good picnic spot, minimal bruising (nobody ask to see my hiney)......
Oh! and one of Ryan's birthday gifts........
.........is small, grey, and furry. Guess what it is.

11 comments:

  1. Aw, I was gonna say rat! I'll go with Abe Vigoda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...a cucumber you've left in the fridge too long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun times!

    Since I have bunnies, I'll guess bunny rabbit. :D

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like yall had a good time. I miss going camping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A baby wolf hybrid puppy?

    I want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small, grey and furry?
    You gave Ryan Hillary Clintons mirkin?

    That is just wrong Amy!

    Nice to see Jesse leading you in the water like you were some frail old lady.

    :o)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eighty-three followers?!?!
    How do you have eighty-three followers?!?
    I want eighty-three followers!!!

    Oh.
    Looks like a good time was had by all.
    You went tubing?!?
    I want to go tubing!!!

    Oh.
    Looks like I could use some etiquette classes or something...

    And my answer to what Ryan got is not nice, so I'll shut up now! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh darling, I've spent plenty of blistering afternoons submerged in the Guadalupe (pronounced GWAD a loop) and, even better, in the Comal in New Braunfels near where it flows into the mighty Guad.

    Now I'm all teary eyed and nostaligc. And I want some barbacoa.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....