Monday, June 1, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for June 1st



Yes, indeedy, it is Monday and time for The Daybook! Here we go (on time for once....)

For Today... June 1st, 2009

Outside my window... it's sunshiney and breezy. Thankfully, it's not 95 degrees today. Clouds have been passing through, so maybe we'll get some rain.

I am thinking... about how I need a heating pad on my lower back. That would be so so nice.... and how Ryan's birthday was yesterday, and how every year on her official birthday, she is sick. Weirdness.

From the learning rooms... the learning 'room' is now officially called the kitchen. Adrian is making his own macaroni and cheese. We'll work on him cooking dinner soon....

I am thankful for... the fact that I survived stomach flu. I got it the worst out of the whole family.

From the kitchen... there has been alot of quick-to-fix stuff because lately, nobody wants to stand in the kitchen for a long time.

I am wearing... black palazzo pants and a maroon tank top

I am reading... nothing lately. The most I manage to look at is the occasional magazine.

I am hoping... that the boys find something to do before they drive me crazy.

I am creating... nothing. Momma hasn't had a whole lot of 'me time'.

I am praying... for the same things I pray for all the time.

Around the house... things are slowly getting back to 'normal'. Being sick just messes up routines....

One of my favorite things... is when Jesse scratches my scalp as I fall asleep. He cuddles me and watches TV while I drift off into my bliss....

A few plans for the rest of the week... I think there will be some camping involved, or a birthday dinner for Ryan....one of the two....

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


This little birdie in her nest was given to me by my mother in law. She is what I affectionately call 'The Bird Lady'. She has about 12 (or more?) birds. Different ones..... So....she gave me that bird nest for Mothers Day. I decided to hang it outside in my little mandarin orange tree. It sits right outside my sliding glass door. A pretty bit of green right when I look out the window, and the blossoms smell heavenly. Well, I looked out the door yesterday and noticed that my little plastic yellow birdie had a suitor. A little brown sparrow. He flitted and fluttered and hopped and danced and chirped, all to no avail. Plastic yellow birdie was simply not interested in his song and dance, and in the end, I suppose he flew off to find a more willing female to wine and dine.

....and there you have my Daybook for today. More entries are at the ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~. Go have a peek, and maybe do the Daybook yourself!

7 comments:

  1. I am sooooo behind with reading blogs. Sorry to here ya had the tummy flu but glad you're ok now.
    Love the thought of the little sparrow trying to shag yer MIL's plastic birdie ;-)
    Gaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinky birds in Texas. Love it.

    Happy belated to Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how cute that the bird was trying to get a rise out of such a standoffish female! :) Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm...macaroni and cheese. Great day book Amy! I had to giggle about the sparrow and your plastic bird! tee hee I'm glad to hear you are feeling better as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...poor birdy was taken down! LOL

    Glad you're feeling better, doll.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Maybe the little sparrow will return and find out that *some* women are better when they're plastic: they don't talk back, cost you nothing, and yet "lay there and take it"! =-)

    Glad you're feeling better Amy.
    Sorry I haven't been around blog-land lately...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....