Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



Of course I am late. I mean, seriously, how often am I on time?! Mondays have a way of sneaking up on me and I don't realize it was Monday until it's Wednesday.

Anyway, Grandmother Wren is graciously hosting the Simple Woman's Daybook while Peggy is taking time off.

For Today... (yesterday?) June 22nd, 2009

Outside my window... Skies are blue, clouds are passing by, and the sun is out. From inside the house, it's a beautiful day. From outside the house, gyahhhhhh.....it's HOT.

I am thinking... that I need to get a move-on with the cleaning. The laundry is breeding as I type.

From the learning rooms... Summer break - so there's alot of TV watching going on. Hopefully something is vaguely educational, but I wouldn't count on it.

I am thankful for... Colombia and their oh-so-wonderful export, the lovely coffee bean.

From the kitchen... I'm going to try to make a pie from Mama JJ, and hopefully a few new recipes from some cookbooks my mom found....

I am wearing... pajamas. Shocking, isn't it? The scandal!

I am reading... Romantic Homes magazine.

I am hoping... to get in a little quality time with my husband. He's been working like a pack mule lately. Everybody needs something. That's the unfortunate side of being a Mr. Fixit.

I am creating... nothing. That makes me sad. My creative side has to take a backseat for everything else in life. Some day.....

I am praying... for strength and (more) patience

Around the house... the TV is on some anime show, the cat is yowling about something, and the air conditioner is humming.

One of my favorite things... is air conditioning in this horrific Texas heat. I am definitely not a Summer Girl.

A few plans for the rest of the week... straightening up the back yard, catching up on the laundry

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

We puppy-sat my nephew's dog for a few days. That's as big as she'll get. Too cute.

6 comments:

  1. You have been lots more productive that I have - My house is a wreck, my yard the same, I think we're almost completely out of clean clothes and here I sit still in my jammies on the computer playing in blogville. Oh well, what's summer break for anyway? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puppy picture is too adorable.
    p.s. I am presently in my pink squirrel pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That puppy is just too cute! Is it a miniature dachshund?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
    Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
    Please keep coming back –
    And invite your friends -
    I look forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww on the puppy. Donnie has been working extra too lately. We did get to go out to eat on Friday night at my favorite restaurant (Cracker Barrel).

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....