Monday, July 13, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



For Today... Monday, July 13th

Outside my window... Summer in Texas. The view never changes. It's making me sad.

I am thinking... about how I used to be able to live outside all summer as a kid living in Illinois. Running barefoot in the (really big) yard.....having picnics with buttered crackers..... It's just not that possible for my kids.

From the learning rooms... it's still summer.

I am thankful for... the fact that Jesse was able to rub my shoulders last night and get out a knot that has been bothering me all week.

From the kitchen... I need to bake some bread, but other than that, I am free from kitchen duty today! Jesse is making dinner. Yay!

I am wearing... y'all guess what I'm wearing. Heh....

I am reading... cookbooks. That's been my night time reading lately.

I am hoping... my sister will get her act together and be serious about college.

I am creating... a batch of detergent

I am hearing... Cesar Milan on TV

Around the house... getting ready for my brother's birthday party

One of my favorite things... cake. mmm - cake.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I need to check out CCD classes for Adrian, but other than that, no set-in-stone plans.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Somebody is ONE YEAR OLD! My lovely niece, Arazely!

Grandmother Wren is hosting the Daybook for summer......go visit!

8 comments:

  1. She is beautiful.

    I probably don't have to tell you to cherish the moments, but I will anyway. My princess is 8...still beautiful, but growing up. My boys are 9, 14 and 15. Time sneaks up on you.

    Me love cake too...tooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all who grew up in the midwest get depressed by Texas summers. Endless. Hot. Summers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your pretty little princess niece! Wish we could send you some of our nice weather....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss summer in Illinois.

    Hope you have a happy bday party.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to the little princess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tell you, from what I hear from various friends in Texas....I'm GLAD I don't live there in the summer. LOL

    Your niece is adorable!!!
    Happy birthday to her.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok heres my guess...your birthday suit...lol

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....