Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I Never Get Tired Of Talking About Food

I thought talking about food would encourage me to post more.

Well......I tried....but something kept me from posting.

Uh huh....Tia Amy loves her Zely!! I will gladly forgo a posting or two to spend time with the munchkin.

So. Where was I............ oh yeah...food... the diet is going well......no cheating. The only thing I miss every once in a while is a sweet, but I have one mini sugar free dark chocolate bar (you know....those teeny fun sized ones...) and it's all good.

I do have a menu plan, but things are not set in stone. We had gone shopping for some meats at the Meat Market and saw fresh carnitas in the warming tray thingie. Sweet, candy-like, gelatinous bits of pork. Gyahhhhh.... Of course we bought some. and ate them. and ate them. and ...okay, you see where this is going. So. Needless to say, we were not that hungry for actual dinner.

There's a little peek at that goodness......

Then.....moving on to the next day.........


Chile Rellenos. Stuffed with seasoned ground beef (picadillo) and melted cheese. I used mozzarella, because that's what I had on hand, but I like using Oaxacan cheese. Our grocery store stocks all the Mexican cheeses, so I use whatever......
mmm - spicy, melty goodness.
(No flour on that, so yay on keeping my carbs way down.)


and this. Lime 'n Chile Almonds. They are the Devil. They are also my current addiction. Eh. There are worse things to be addicted to.

10 comments:

  1. ahhh . . . sweet addiction. I can totally understand the nuts. They're healthy aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese we love cheese(inside joke).
    Uhm the good thing for me is just reading gelatinous bits of pork makes me not want to eat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing it is lunch time...I am now starving thanks to those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a recipe for Chile Rellenos and plan on making them sometime. Have you tried the Wasabi almonds? Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh those almonds look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just made me hungry!

    Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum!

    And it could be worse than eating almonds. They have lots of good oils and fatty acids. :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy yum! And did I mention yum? You might just have to bring these over to my Friday night blog party! Come on over and have a cold one with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um. Yes. The wasabi almonds are soooo outfreakin'standing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....