Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Kids Love When I'm On A Diet

Martha made bread and it made me want to make some, too. I mean, I can't really eat bread because I'm low carbing, but the kids can......and we had run out of store bought bread anyway, sooooo........

Who wants to punch it down?! I love that part... 'poooooffffttt' it goes as it deflates....


.......and then it has to rise one more time......


......after the 2nd rise, and 30 minutes in the oven.......look at what you get!


...........who wants a slice?!

It's Amish White Bread.....

and speaking of low carbing, I made Cheesey Chicken Broccoli last night - which was a big hit. Ryan said "It's pretty awesome when you're on a diet, Mom...." Yes, thank you so much for that. Let's just see if she feels the same way when I start borrowing her clothes.

Anyway, I get alot of my recipes lately from Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Daily Menus. It's a really great site because all of the menus come with recipes, and the recipes come with pictures and nutrition info......... so it works really well for me. Check it out even if you aren't low carbing..... add some potatoes (or some Amish White Bread?) and it's a regular meal....

Taco Salad for dinner tonight, I believe..... Eat your heart out, Taco Bell!

8 comments:

  1. Mmm bread. Looks good enough to mop up the gravy from my roast dinner earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOOOO get away from the bread end!!! its mine!!!!!!!!!
    looks way yummie!!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, Linda's Low Carb has some great recipes. Kudos on you resisting temptation enough to make bread and not steal any!! I remember when I first did low-carb and I would make pumpkin pie for people without temptation.. what the heck happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo ahhhhh that looks delicious! Low carb is one place I could never go. I can easily cut out sweets, fried foods, go low fat, even give up my beer - just don't take away my carbs!

    Hope you'll make it to the party next Friday - bring a low carb appetizer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmm, that bread looks wonderful. I have an awful time with carbs....I just crave them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on my way. Save the best part for me, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bread looks fantastic! And hey, at least you did it right. We attempted to make bread for Lammas and it was like a rock. Grrrr.

    And these recipes sound awesome! Maybe I should low carb. Checking out that site.

    Thanks!

    )O(
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have succeeded in making me hungry for bread AND taco salad! LOL Seriously, my salivary glands squirted when I saw the picture of the bread. Glad the diet plan is going well--keep at it! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....