Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, August 17, 2009 ...

Outside My Window... Sunny. Hot. Slight breeze.

I am thinking... that it's best not to think lately....

I am thankful for... my daughter. Our heart to heart talks mean so much to me....

From the kitchen... Chile Rellenos, I think....

I am wearing... a cream and light purple nightgown

I am creating... a big pile of kleenex

I am going... to go take some Benadryl in a minute....

I am reading... Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner for the third time.

I am hoping... that my upcoming doctor appt will be beneficial for me.

I am hearing... Happy Feet on Disney Channel.....trucks driving past the house...

Around the house... you'll all be shocked to know the house is a mess.

One of my favorite things... are really good heartfelt hugs. The kind where you realize the person is not going to let you go until they feel you're alright...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Six Flags, I guess..... that's about it as far as I know...

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Last night's dinner was Taco Salad and I made the meat from a CopyKat Taco Bell Recipe. (I know Taco Bell is not normally a major favorite of older people, but I would eat it every day)
and to prove how good it was, I present you with the end product.


........and so ends my Daybook for today. Check out ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ for more Daybookers!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    Do you happen to be on facebook? If so, I want to friend ya. :)

    BTW, that taco salad looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids go back to school in a week. I should grab my copy of "Wicca" and read it again. I've sorta been lax in my practices, and I can feel the difference, if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your daybook with us...I enjoyed reading it. Hope you get to feeling better soon! Loved the pics...taco salad is always a hit at my house, too. Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm likin' the placemat. =-)
    And the salad looks great... except for the lettuce. (I haven't liked lettuce since I had my first baby. There may be a blog in there...)

    And more medication won't do it, I don't think...
    But I'm lovin' me some Amy anyway!
    (Hang in there. Heartfelt conversations are what it's all about.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I made the meat" ?????

    What?

    You made it??

    Ok there are various directions I could take this.

    I shall stick to just one.

    :o)

    You - being Amy, "made" - meaning to produce (create by physical or mental effort), the "meat" - meaning edible flesh.

    So basically what we have here is - Amy created, by an act of physical effort, some edible flesh.

    Erm...


    I shudder to think what sort of phyiscal effort you went through to create that brown "meaty" substance.

    ::Cough::

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ... I want to reach through the screen and eat that taco salad ... which really looks so much better than ANYthing I've seen at TB.
    Yum!

    ditto on the heartfelt hugs ... they're wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great taco salad! And we have that world map placemat too!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....