Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Been There, Done That

Wendy at Athena Academy got me. Which is totally cool because I can't remember the last time I did a memememememeeeeeeeee.

So.....this meme consists of me listing.......

10 things I’ve done once in my life which I wouldn’t want to repeat, ever:

*......going through a hurricane. Yeah, sure....Florida is great if you want to see Mickey Mouse, but come hurricane season, it's no laughing thing....... I mean....losing electricity is one thing. Realizing you have neither A/C or the ability to make coffee? That.....is another.

*......getting into a severe car accident. Or at least if it had to happen again, let's hope the next person to hit me actually has insurance and a valid license....and there is no surgery involved.

*.....buying a fixer upper house. I mean, I can deal with fixer upper, but there is a line, man. We will not discuss the Florida house.

*.........waiting so long to start homeschooling. Ryan was in 6th grade when we started, and the damage had already been done by then. I could give you a list of heinous teachers, but I won't.

*........overeating sugar free candy. Did you ever notice that teeny print of the packages of sugar free candies that says "May cause diarrhea if consumed in excess."? Welllll.......there is truth in the advertising, people.

*...........hiking Yellowstone when I was pregnant. Thin air for someone who is not accustomed to it is bad, but thin air for a pregnant woman is even worse.

*..........getting into debt. We don't have that much debt now, but when we were young and stupid? Crikey.

*........bumper cars. I was fairly apethetic about them before my accident. Hate them with a passion now.

*........stomach flu/food poisoning. There is nothing else that needs to be said after that.

*...........cut my hair in A Flock Of Seagulls fashion. I know it was the 80s, but really...is that any excuse?

There are more things, but in keeping with the PG rating on this blog, I'll stop here.

10 comments:

  1. Any photos of #10?

    Also please feel free to send the non PG things to my email address ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm with Guy...I wanna see pictures. ;)

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hear you. Charley hit head on here right after I moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar free candy and Flock of Seagulls hair...oh man...I'm sorry I'm laughing! I can't help it! Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. That getting into debt? I think we all went through that when we were young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha Amy, you do make me laugh. I think we've all been to several of the "places" you've been and no, wouldn't want to do that again! Oh, and you could try using Parmesan cheese in those meatballs. Let me know how they turn out! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MUAHAHAHA! I HAD to tag you!

    Oooh, car accidents. Never fun. I should have included that too.

    Was your fixer upper similar to the Tom Hanks movie, "The Money Pit"?

    You post pics of your Flock of Seagulls 'do, and I'll post pics of my perm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Love your list. I've never seen this meme before, but it looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL loved your list Amy!
    Hugs!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....