Monday, November 30, 2009

I Call It 'Evil On A Plate'....

...........but you can call it little bits of goodness if you so choose.

I haven't steered you wrong yet, have I?! (Have I?)

Cool Whip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 box dry cake mix (any brand/any flavor)
1 (8 oz) tub cool whip
2 eggs
Powdered sugar
Parchment paper (can be found on the same aisle as wax paper and foil at the store)

Directions:
-Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper.
-Put some powdered sugar in a bowl, and set aside.
-In a large mixing bowl, mix dry cake mix, cool whip, and eggs together. (This is going to be a mucky mess. Scoop out dough by the spoonful, use a 2nd spoon to scoop it off the first spoon, and drop it on the powdered sugar)
-Drop a spoonful of mixed dough into the powdered sugar, and roll it around.
-Drop cookies on (parchment paper covered) cookie sheets.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until you can insert a toothpick and have it come out almost clean.

Let cool for a bit and have at it. They are ridiculously addictive. So far, I've used banana cake mix and added chopped pecans........and cherry chip cake mix with chopped maraschino cherries. The options are pretty endless, I'd guess.....but the cool whip really makes these cookies.

7 comments:

  1. I love cookies! Sounds soo good!

    http://www.active.com/donate/lv09lasvegas/vegas09EGould

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't show us a photo! I guess I'll have to try them to see for myself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Amy! My girls and I have been making these for 2 or 3 xmases, but my recipe (my neighbor gave it to me) says Devil's Food Cake mix, so that's what we've always done...

    We can use *different* flavor mixes?!?!
    Damn I'm so stoopid!!!
    Thanks for the tip!
    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug is going to LOVE this recipe.

    Copying it now.

    Thank you for adding calories to my diet, biotch. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I will be making these. You haven't steered us wrong yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good God, woman!!! So much for pretending I might eventually get around to losing my beer gut...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....