Monday, November 9, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY, November 9th, 2009 ... (whaaaaa? I'm on time for once?!)


Outside My Window... it is BEAUTIFUL! Soft sun, cool breeze, pending rain. Every day should be like this. All of my windows and doors are open!


I am thinking...that I should get my butt in gear and clean the kitchen. Jesse's boss is sending him home with a whole hog today. The boss went hunting. (I'll refrain from my thoughts about hunting for sport.)


I am thankful for...this amazing weather. All summer long, here in Texas, one never thinks there is an end to the horrible heat in sight.....until November.


From the kitchen...I have been fairly uninspired in the kitchen lately. I would guess we're having tamales for dinner tonight (my mom bought them from....somebody), and pork the day after.....


I am wearing...jeans, a yellow t shirt, and slippers


I am creating...uhhhhhh......

I am going...hopefully to the grocery store. We're out of eggs and milk.

I am reading...Vampire in Moscow. I'm only on the first few pages, though....

I am hoping...that I get a wild burst of energy and get this damn house clean.


I am hearing... the hum of the dryer, the whistle of wind, a little bit of traffic (but no TV. awesomeness.)


Around the house...I'd like to plant a tree in the back, and rework the yard a bit. This cool weather makes me want to spend time outside, but I'd like somethign a little prettier to look at than what's currently there....

One of my favorite things...is a hot cup of coffee in the morning.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...no reals plans to speak of. I'm just flying by the seat of my pants.


Here is picture thought (or two or three) I am sharing...

pretty bowls from the thrift store for my kitties....


pretty vase - also from the thrift store for me


.......and your weekly dose of one of the animals.


......and so concludes my Daybook. Visit ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ to see more Daybookers!

12 comments:

  1. Cute kitty!!!!

    When you said that his boss was sending him home with a 'whole hog' - I thought that was some sort of euphamism for taking work home with him or something...and then I kept reading.
    Yikes. I can't wait to hear all about it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get some energy from somewhere. I don't like hunting either. I love your pictures. The kitty is sweet. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have some genuine, authentic tamales. When I used to work at the apple orchard in the fall, various ones of the Mexican ladies would take orders and make the best tamales ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunting? Totally not for me.
    But my entire family does it...especially in a couple weeks when gun season comes to WV.

    Bah.

    Love the bowls and vases! Very pretty. Is the vase for your romantic new bedroom?

    Love animal pictures too! Awww.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like such a lovely day! Sometimes just the sounds of nature and the outside world are all we need.

    I love "hopefully I'm going to the grocery store". That's me too. Hopefully... If my son doesn't whine about not wanting to go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may have published on Monday, but I didn't get to read it 'til Tuesday, so...

    I'm likin' the new look!
    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the kitty best! I need to get back to playing SWD too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitties eat out of antiques. You have inspired me to up my game. Must get better bowls for Lily.;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bowls, and love looking for old and pretty patterns in thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....