Sunday, December 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, December 28th, 2009 ...

Outside My Window... it's dark and a little chilly because I'm doing my Daybook on Sunday night....

I am thinking...that I should have probably peed before I sat down to do this. Dang it. My bladder is the size of a peanut.

I am thankful for...being able to have a wonderful Christmas. (Thank you, Jesse! ......because it was Jesse who worked overtime to have money to be able to get our kids - and me - some things we hoped for this year...)

From the kitchen...we had nachos for dinner, but there are still about 5 dozen tamales in the fridge. I'm thinking I should take them over to the sister in law's house since my in laws are in town.....

I am wearing...pajamas. From yesterday. Yeah, I'm filthy. I'm okay with that.

I am creating... a whole lot of nothing. Eh.

I am going...to bed. with my ice cream.

I am reading...Cleaving by Julie Powell. I will finish it. Maybe. (see previous post)

I am hoping...Rosalita will get up off me because I am not going to share my ice cream.

I am hearing... the bunny tearing up a cardboard box and throwing around his toys. Silly rabbit.

Around the house...there is always somebody at my house. Nieces, nephews, brother, sister, mom, in laws...... We really should have bought a 4 bedroom house....

One of my favorite things...is a massage. I'm praying to get a massage, because I am cracking and creaking worse than a rickety bridge.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...chillin' with my peeps, and probably a Nw Years shindig at my house. Can't say for sure, because I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants sort of girl.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

It's all fun and games.....

....til some hairy fat man puts you on his lap.

......and so, there's my yakking for Monday. Visit ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ to see more Daybook entries, aight?!

11 comments:

  1. haha, love the narrative that goes with your pictures. I think put that way, I'd be crying too!! Loved your day book as always Amy. I just think you are the sweetest person with a HUGE heart! I'm your biggest fan . . . ok, so really Jesse is, but can I come a close second? xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, tamales. I haven't had any real ones since I stopped working at the orchard with the migrants. They'd take orders and make up huge quantities of them and bring them in, twelve wrapped up together in aluminum foil.
    I'd eat some right now for breakfast if I had them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Miss Amy-

    I am sooo glad to have found your blog. Thank you for visiting mine.

    I think we think alike on multiple levels!

    Enjoy your week-

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just reminded me I've been saying I was going to make a big batch of tamales for months now - maybe I'll do that for New Years! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone who is sick of tamales...yes, so am I. I finally froze them. Your little girl is just precious. Your house sounds like my house... there's always someone visiting. It's wonderful isn't it.

    I like your "fly by the seat of your pants" attitude. Hope you have a great New Year's eve.

    I really enjoyed your post... and it's okay that you wore our pajamas for a couple of days... I've been wearing the same yoga pants....

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW--Love San Antonio. I was there a few years back and just had to hang out at the Riverwalk. Stayed at the Marriot and I had the best time.

    Went back the following year to check out the Tejano music festival. HAD THE BEST TIME EVER. I saw so many conjunto groups and the food... Don't even get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics... Santa really is a love or hate experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I was thinking how wonderful it would be if you lived closer. You could bring the tamales to my house. You wouldn't even have to get dressed as I am in my pj's too.

    Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pictures are too funny. :D

    I'll take some of those tamales off your hands, btw. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....