Friday, January 29, 2010

I Was Tagged By A Peenee

While I don't like being tagged with a paintball, I do not mind being tagged by Mr. Peenee! ('cause he's allllllll that and a bag of chips.) He gave me this award, and really, I'm not sure of the whos and whys, because I don't think I'm very creative (especially lately) but hey.....an award is an award and I ain't gonna say no. I don't say no to cake, either, but that is an entirely different thing.

The rules and what-have-you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
Mr. P! Thankyouuuuuuu! *blows kisses*

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

This is what he said:
Oh, dear god. Both Jason and TJB mentioned how dreadful the logo was and they're quite right. The fact that all three of us wrinkle our collective nose at it only proves how wretched it really is. And the spelling of “Kreativ” irks me. It's like Kathi's Kreativ Krafts.

and good gravy, I agree. I like pink and flowery, but erm...... I'll post it and all, but maybe a new button is in order?

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
Go see mrpeenee. Seriously, his wit and snark inspire me to be me. His tiara is pretty impressive, too. (That's right.....you think nobody knows about that tiara in the top drawer, but *I* know, Mr. P!!) I really wish Mr. P was my neighbor because he's super awesome.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
Considering how much I talk about myself, is anyone going to hear anything new? Oh well......

-When I complain about things, I don't especially want the problem fixed half as much as I want to bitch about it. This irks the hub to no end, because he's a fixer. (Sadly, no matter how many times I tell him anything can be fixed with java chocolate chunk ice cream, he never shuts up and just buys me the ice cream.)

-I'm really sensitive. I do a pretty good job of hiding it though....or so I think? (....as much numbing medication as I am on, though.....it's never enough. See also - empath)

-Noise annoys the ever-lovin' hell out of me. That being said, the only time it is quiet in my house is around 4 AM.
-I read cookbook incessantly, but I don't cook much. I mean, I cook, you know.....because we have to eat and Jesse appreciates a hot meal waiting for him when he gets home instead of having to cook himself after a long day at work, but I just....cook stuff. Stuff. Sounds delish, doesn't it? I really wish I was more inspired......(oops....not very Kreative in that dept., are we?!)
-I claim to hate TV, but the truth is....I hate what everybody else watches.

-I have never wanted a job. Like.....a work outside the house and get a real paycheck type of job. ....and heaven forbid a job here I have to talk to people all day. I'm an introvert and people yakking at me all day is almost painful.

-Everybody thinks I like them. (Oh, no, she didn't say that! But.....lemme esplain!) I try very hard to be kind. Even to people I don't particularly care for. If I don't like you (theoretical 'you'), you will probably never know it.

(and a few extras just for fun......)

-I have a sock addiction. What is my deal with socks? Seriously. The new, soft seductiveness of socks. It's sick, I tell you. Sick. (I'm okay with that, though....LOL)

-When I was a kid, I had some jacked up crossed eyes. Can you imagine? Hee......."What is she looking at?!" "Who knows..."

-I have all of my grandma's collection of red and green Depression glass. I'm bummed there's no pink, but still....

-I would rather sit on the floor and let my dogs have the couch. I don't know why, though.

-I collect Rosaries. I don't know how to pray the Rosary, and I'm not particularly super-Catholic (although hey....once 'they' got you, they got you....) but I love having them all over the house.

-I love to grocery shop. LOVE. IT. I love seeing the beautiful produce, the new foods to try, the old favorites, pink luscious meats.... I can easily spend hours in the grocery store. My SIL is always saying "Where do you find this stuff?!" Well, she's a get in - get out kind of shopper. I'm a 'what time is it? It's dark outside already?! I came in here at 1 in the afternoon!' kind of shopper. Also, I always know where things are when little old ladies stop me and ask me. Crumpets? 3 aisles over. Aluminum pans? Aisle 3. Frozen fish? Back corner. (although why it's not with the rest of the frozen food, I have no idea....)

-I have an unhealthy addiction to Taco Bell. When we go out to eat, I always hope it's to Taco Bell. I never get tired of it. Never. I don't even care about the inevitable 'stomach distress'.

5. Nominate 7 Kreative bloggers and post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
No. and I'll tell you why. So many people these days are 'Tag Free and Award Free' and I'm not going to get all up in somebody's Kool Aid. So. If I Follow you, then I think you're Kreative enough to deserve this award.

*thumps chest* peace out, my homies.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I think that is a male/female thing. Women want to talk about the problem and just get the words out. Men want to fix it. My husband and I have this wrangle regularly!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well kudos first for your award. I related to many of your pecadilloes, except the rosary one. Did you never learn it's use or what it's true purpose? Aside from organized religion I mean. Yet you collect them, is it some untold fascination with the design? This icon has drawn the intense interest of many archaeologist/theologians, plus folks who study the line of David from which this woman came. She was real and the rosary is our invention to attract her attention on whatever plane or dimension she may now exist, for she did walk the earth at one time. It has a rich history and can be a balm for the heart when nothing else works. Don't ask a catholic, ask an ex-catholic and lover of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve any and every award out there. Nobody else blogs with the same flair as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll tell you what - when I moved back to Texas from California, and discovered SuperTargets... ohmygawd. I will literally go in after taking the kids to school on Monday morning, have a latte (they all have Starbucks inside, yanno) and wander the aisles for *hours* before I even start the grocery shopping. And yeah, I know where almost everything is in the store, too.

    I, too, love cookbooks, but with seven people in this house, and nearly everyone having a different food issue/preference, I feel happy to find one thing that everyone will eat. It's tacos, btw. Not everyone eats them the same way, but everyone does eat them.

    I do not particularly want a job, either, unless it's something I just like doing that someone will pay me for, and it's home-based. I just want to be here and take care of family and home. Unfortunately, June Cleaver, I ain't. I'm horribly domestically-challenged.

    Noise annoys me, too. We don't do TV too much here, but there somehow still noise all the time. I don't even know...

    I should prolly get my own blog so I can yammer on my own space, huh? Pfft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I will sometimes have an exchange that goes like this:
    Me: I don't want you to fix anything I just want to vent.

    Him: Ok, good to know. Proceed.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, thanks for the sweet comment you left on Bella Vista and for entering my giveaway. I will announce the winner on Wed.

    I am following you....your blog looks wonderful.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I had trouble coming up with 7 things I hadn't already spilled on the blog! I'm a sock junkie, too. Aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this award has been making it's way around blogger for the last 6 years. LOL

    Nevertheless, congratulations! :D

    There was something else I want to say...but I can't remember what.

    Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Donna. 'Nuff said.

    Love ya!

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....