Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious.

We had finger foods at our New Year shindig.....and one of the things my mom brought was this dip. It is so ridiculously good. I ain't playin'.

JalapeƱo Popper Dip
Ingredients:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese,
softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies,
drained
2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers,
drained
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

~Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
~Microwave on High until hot (about 3 minutes).
~Sprinkle chopped bacon on top.
~Serve with chips.

Y'all.....I could not help myself. I ate half the damned thing myself with tortilla chips. (I know it seems a little heavy, so I don't see why you couldn't use reduced fat stuff if you wanted....)

One thing of note - we found the Parmesan cheese to be too much. I'd put maybe 1/3 of a cup on top....

13 comments:

  1. I see that you have England listed as one of your interests! Perhaps you would be interested in following my new blog:

    http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

    As often as possible I will post pictures from beauty spots all around Great Britain for the viewing pleasure of Anglophiles everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very similar to Pioneer Woman's recipe, only hers have bacon wrapped around them.
    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/07/bacon-wrapped_j/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...Cream cheese, bacon, peppers, tortilla chips...what's not to love?

    Happy New Year, Amy.

    Hugs...
    Ben
    http://ben-better-left-unsaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sounds really yummy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds seriously delightful! Hey, I see you're from San Antonio. I once lived in New Braunfels for about five years. Now I'm in Tyler.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to a party last night. Filet mignon, fried turkey, smoked sausage, buffalo steaks, tons upon tons of veggies and lovely carbs and... a chocolate fountain.

    Oh my good lord.

    Yes, I'll be starting that diet Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, when I was reading the ingredients I thought - hey! that needs to be topped with bacon, but in the end you didn't fail me :-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh. That sounds amazing-

    However-
    Tomorrow it is back to calorie counting.
    Bah Humbug...
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't you mention once that you have your mother-in-law's recipe for tortillas? Send it to me and I'm your slave for life. Or eternally grateful, whichever comes first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm. I love dips. I enjoyed some spinach dip and some shrimp and crab dip over the holidays.

    I bet this would be really good with fat free mayo and cream cheese too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Might hafta try it, but DO NOT tell Carrie it has mayo. She might barf. Seriously.

    Love ya!

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....