Monday, January 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... January 4th, 2010

Outside my window... the sun is shining and it's fabulously chilly. I can hear all the kids screaming on the playground at the school behind our house. I bet they're happy to see all their friends after a 2 week long Christmas break.

I am thinking...that I should get some laundry going today. That pile isn't going to clean itself.

I am thankful for...a husband who loves me even though I drive him crazy.

I am wearing... jeans, a teal peasant top, socks, and slippers (while that sounds all nice, I should note my hair looks really deranged. I don't know what the heck I was doing last night, but I woke up with a birds nest in my hair.)

I am remembering... how nice it was to have all of my family here for New Years. We've only been here three years, but already, the tradition is New Years at my house. (Christmas tamales here, too!)

I am going... to go shopping for the kid's Three Kings Day presents. Even though they get goodies at Christmas, we also give them a gift on Three Kings Day as a reminder of the Wisemen bearing gifts.... (and you know...it's another present, so how bad can that be, right?)

I am currently reading... nothing, really. Catching up on my catalog browsing...

I am hoping... Jesse will be able to color my hair tonight.

On my mind... I'm proud that I've been able to teach Sacha some basic manners. He can Sit. He can Come. He can.....Eat. Ah well....one thing at a time. He is doing really well, though. (Unlike Sophie who looks at me with the "No, Mother. I do not do tricks for treats. Just give me the treat and I can stop giving you a dirty look.")

Noticing that... my poor honey is fighting off a cootie. Two nights ago, he was getting the chills so much that he put on Ryan's pink Snugglie.

Pondering these words... eesh....I'm not pondering any words at the moment. Of course, random things will zoom through my head as soon as I hit Publish.

From the kitchen... there hasn't been too much going on. We're still grazing on the New Years finger foods, although Jesse's mom and dad were over last night, so we made chese enchiladas, rice, and beans. Not sure what's on the agenda for tonight. Maybe some chicken soup...

Around the house... same old same old. A full house is a happy house.

One of my favorite things...is crawling into bed at the end of a long day.

A picture I'm sharing...
12:01 - woohoo! Sacha rings in the New Year!
12:15. 'Okay....that's enough of that...'


and so concludes my Daybook....click over to ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ to see more Daybookers!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Thank you for stopping by and for becoming a follower...how sweet. Oh and also for your comment today. I see you celebrate Three Kings Day too. What a wonderful tradition...don't you think? I am very happy to meet you and I'm looking forward to getting to know eachother through our blogs. Gotta love Blogland. Have a wonderful Monday and Happy New Year.

    Hugs and Kisses,

    ♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, someone else who celebrates the Ephipany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Amy! The puppy picture is too adorable. Looks like your puppy partied hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sacha looks so stinkin cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, happy to meet you through the day book. It looks like your puppy is partied out.

    I enjoyed your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amy, thanks for stopping by my blog! Sounds like Christmas was great at your house. It's great to have family around and lots of noise. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May new year bring you an abundance of predous things in life, health,friendship and happine

    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 TO YOU AND FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel ya on the bad hair day...I haven't had a haircut in MONTHS. Or a color. Or an eyebrow wax.

    Somebody help me now! I'm sasquatch woman!

    Love the pictures of Sacha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great post-a great way to learn a little something about you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your daybook posts -- and Sacha is adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy, nice to meet ya :) Thanks for visiting me humble blog and becoming a "follower". Sorta sounds cult-ish, doesn't it? I liked your "ponderings" list. And I LOVE Sasha and her pix! She's a beauty and (like me) not much for partying ;) I enjoyed reading your blog and will "follow" you, too.
    ttfn~

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one beautiful animal!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....