Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... Monday, Feb. 8th, 2010

Outside my window... bright, but not sunny. A long sleeve thin shirt feels good.

I am thinking... about my cat, Rosalita. We took her to the vet this morning, and her prognosis is not so good. She has been having some trouble breathing for the past few months and has been to the vet once already, but we took her back again today because her problems came back. They had previously thought she had asthma and treated her for that, but, this time, the vet said "....because her breathing is not as strained as last time, we were able to hear better and it is most likely a heart murmur." Then she went on to say that with the severity she has right now, most cats have a life expectancy of 3-5 years. Rosalita is already 2. Soooooo.......as soon as we save up a chunk o' change, we'll be doing an Xray to see where we're at and what her treatment will be....but as it stands now, we're just trying to make whatever time she has left as comfortable as we can. Meh. Sucks.


I am thankful for... all of my animals. They may not live forever, but giving and receiving their love is something worthwhile.

I am wearing... jeans, a teal peasant top, and socks

I am remembering... that I finally bought some spray paint a couple days ago! I got me some projects to do!

I am going... to the grocery store, I think. That's probably it.

I am currently reading... a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It's old. Old enough that the picture I'm sharing at the bottom of the entry was an every day thing that all housewives had...

I am hoping... that Rosalita does not suffer much. It breaks my heart to see her struggling. She is such a sweet personable cat. She loves everybody.

On my mind... I should get up and eat something, but I am just not hungry. Being in some degree of discomfort every day has really diminished my appetite. I still have to eat, though, because you're not supposed to take Motrin on an empty stomach (and I'm not a big milk drinker).

Noticing that...I have been really tired lately. I need to take my vitamins.

Pondering these words... Matthew 7:1, "Judge not that ye be not judged. and that's all I'm going to say about that.

From the kitchen... Once I get past the fact that I need to load the dishwasher.....I have no idea what is going on in there. Gotta go shopping for something for dinner....

Around the house... I need to steam clean the carpets....and the rabbit's pen needs to be cleaned....

One of my favorite things... is Tom Selleck's voice. As I was flipping channels the other day, I came across a documentary that he was narrarating. I would like for him, Mike Rowe, and Sean Connery to read me bedtime stories. (Not all at the same time, of course.)

A picture I'm sharing...

I must have this. It's a cake comb or cake breaker used back in the day for more delicate cakes like Angel Food since the tines would 'cut' the cake, but not smoosh it.

...........and that's my Daybook for today. More Daybookers at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! Go have a look....or do a Daybook entry yourself! Everybody loves to read 'em, so why not do one?!

18 comments:

  1. Have I told you that I always enjoy these daybook entries of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Rosalita. Hope she feels better soon, and you too, of course.

    BTW, I've never seen a cake comb before. I can tell Hubby I learned something on a blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy,
    I'm so sad for Rosalita...But at least she has a family that loves her and cares about her very much. Pets just become such a big part of the family it's very difficult when the little sweeties get ill. I do hope all goes well with the vet. Kitty hugs and kisses to Rosalita and her mommy (you) too.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo made me laugh. I have a cake breaker and an english muffin breaker that my grandmother gave me as part of a wedding gift-- I am her old fashioned granddaughter.

    Best wishes to your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your cat! I enjoyed your entry. I've never seen that cake tool before. Looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping your cat in my prayers. Poor little thing! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry to read about your Rosalita-- I know pets can be like members of the family. Heck, my dog IS a member of the family. I think you're making the right choice by making her last days (maybe weeks? maybe a miracle?) comfortable.

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, poor Rosalita! She was the one who kind of wandered into your life, isn't she? Such a pretty girl.

    *hugs*

    I agree about Tom Selleck's and Sean Connery's voices. I can't "picture" Mike Rowe's but I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be thinking good thoughts about Rosilita tonight. And you.

    xx
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom has that cake comb! Why do I suddenly think it's for some special cake like Angel food? Hope your angel feels better. xoc

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to read about Rosalita Amy. I hope that you are able to sort her out so that she has a much longer life with you. I am sure that no matter what, any life she has with you is blessed and pretty wonderful. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up a bit here. I sure hope you are feeling better and I hope the vet is wrong about Rosalita. I'll keep both of you in my thoughts ((big hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  13. delurking and checking in on you...and rosalita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor little angel Rosalita. It must be so stressful for you all.
    I hope you are able to have her treated once you have saved the pennies.
    I am going to pinch the Day Book formula from you and use it some time soon for my first entry back into the way of journaling again.
    I loved your answers.
    Love
    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello-
    Greetings from the island of Bali-
    this is my first visit...
    and i really love your articles..
    i think i can get more lessons here..
    thanks for sharing..
    dont forget to visit me back...
    see you...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh no. Poor Rosalita. :(
    And she's only 2 years old.

    ::sigh::

    Life just isn't fair sometimes. But I know you'll take good care of her, Amy.

    And that cake thing looks like an instrument of torture, btw. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope Rosalita is feeling better! I don't know anything about heart murmurs, but I hope there's something the vet can do for her.

    (I was about to post this comment a week ago, but I got distracted and didn't, but thought I did...anyway, I was thinking about you!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know how you feel about Rosalita. Prissie started having breathing problems and it turned out she had cardiomyopathy. We lost her almost 3 summers ago. We still miss her. I love these entries you do. I might just have to try one sometimes when I can't think of anything to blog about. Me? I LOVE Sam Elliott's voice! Hope you feel better soon!

    Love ya!

    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....