Monday, March 1, 2010

All I Need Is A Pickup Truck....

.....and I'll have the makings of a great country song.

I'm working on the drinking problem, my dog is sick, and umm....well, I still have a man, so I can't use that line, but still......whine whine, bitch bitch, rinse, repeat.

(I know.....I live in Texas and I don't own a truck? What are the odds, right?)

Anyway, I was off in my own little sad cocoon skulking about and my lovely friend said "HEY! Are you dead? Can I have your stuff?" so ::sticks out tongue::. I don't go back to the rheumatologist for two weeks and my wrist hurts like the dickens, so here I sit with an ice pack and a little vicodin....which isn't really helping a whole lot, but anything is better than nothing at this point, I suppose. The thing that I know y'all will find amusing is that I cannot pick up an empty dinner plate without my wrist protesting. I know. Me. The one who loves her food....cannot pick up a dinner plate. What the eff. pfft. I have a brace, but that doesn't really help me much.

It kills me to have to ask for help with daily household stuff, too. I know, I know.....I can hear you all now....'the kids should be doing _____, anyway!' but......I don't ask them - or want them to have to worry about stuff like that. I want them to be responsible, which they are, but I want them to stay kids as long as they can. There's plenty of time for work-ish crap when they get older. Soooooooo........my chores take a considerable bit longer to accomplish, but on the upside, at least I can still do them. I just have to be a little more careful.

So. I'm still schlepping along.

OH! and...y'all, guess what. I've always had sensitivities to earrings and any metal jewelry.....always always.... so I bought these SIMPLY WHISPERS earrings. I had used them a lonnnngggg time ago (when I was 10 or so) but back then, they didn't really have many choices style-wise, so I just went without. Then, recently, I saw an ad for them and checked out their site. They had tons of new hip styles of nickel free hypoallergenic stuff! When I received my order, I put them on, and waited. Usually, with regular earrings, my ears start to swell up. Then they itch. Then ooze starts coming out of them. That's only in the first 5 minutes. The aftermath of that 5 minutes last me two days. It's pretty gross. Anyway, I had some hope for these new earrings and they did not disappoint. After 20some years, I can finally wear earrings again. Yay, me. I'm stoked.

14 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were dead. So glad you're not.

    Any idea why your wrist is hurting? Is it arthritis or an injury? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can try those! My ears itch within moments of putting in earrings. More than 5 minutes causes days of discomfort. I'll have to find out if those work for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! I always have daily pain too. I don't ask my kids to pick up the slack either. I should, I know, but I feel like you do about it. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you're hanging in there!

    Thanks for the tip on the earring site--I just requested a catalog! I had the same problem a couple of years ago, suddenly became allergic to wearing earrings. (I was making my own for a while, and I think the cheap quality of the wires might have done it.) I recently thought I'd try again with a pair of my better earrings, and I was able to wear them! I know exactly what you're talking about, because for years, I didn't step foot outside the house with naked earlobes (I even slept in earrings), and I hated not being able to wear them. The day I was able to put earrings in again, I was as happy as a clam! I wear them around the house all day now! That site looks like it has some cute, reasonable earrings, so I look forward to ordering some more.

    LOL, when I posted on Facebook that "my earholes are back!" my cousin posted "Welcome earholes." That just cracked me up for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your pain. I am the worst person to accept help when I am ill. I prefer to keep on the go.
    Great to hear that you have found some good earings.
    I've never been able to sleep in mine so as a consequence I sometimes forget to put them back in again. I wear little pearl ones and have a selection of shade of them.
    I hope the vicodin kicks in a bit more and gives you a bit more respite.
    Caring about you.
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy!
    I was just thinking about you yesterday. No lie!

    Well-wishes are being sent your way as i type this.
    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up on the earrings. I have a similar problem with the cheap jewelry. Not as bad as yours anymore but I have an idea of where you're coming from.

    Sorry to hear the bod is giving you such crap. Know where your coming from on that too. My back is so bad anymore I have to stop and sit every 20 mins or so. Just the basic chores to keep us out of our own filth take all day.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why are you doing chores anyway?
    That's what kids are for!
    That Ryan is one lazy girl! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I just heard Craig Ferguson say that Austin, TX is the part of Texas that Prius drivers lived in. Perhaps that is why we were in Austin.
    Have missed you and your lovely blog.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I let my piercings close years ago, but that site is making me think about having the ears pierced again. Good prices!
    I hear ya about letting kids be kids. My one-and-only is 11 and I am starting to feel how fast time is charging by. I want him to have all the play time he can. Now and as an "adult" too! (This is why my house is always a mess, dang it.)
    --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. And Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news on the earrings; bad news on the rest -- hope you are improving day by day. And I have to say, your humor makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm stoked for you (about the earrings, I mean). Did they give you PT exercises to do for your wrist or is it too early for that? I had to hold a can of soup and lay my wrist upside down off the edge of a table and flex it up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, up and down, and then turn it over and repeat. Hope you feel better soon! As for the household chores, I would ask my kids to do it, if they didn't, I just did it. I didn't want to start world war III. I hate conflict. Brandon tells me now that he is 27 and a slob that I was too lenient with them. :-P

    Love ya!

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  14. My hands and wrists give out on me like that too sometimes, and usually there's nothing you can do except wait it out. I hope you're doing better now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....