Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... Monday, April 19th, 2010

Outside my window... cloudy, windy, and a little chilly. Sweatshirt weather. I'm thinking it'll probably rain later on today. We've had rain and cooler temps all week.....

I am thinking...that I have a sore throat. I better not be getting sick!

I am thankful for...the fact that my husband is tolerant (most of the time) of my animals. He even said he knew I wanted a dachschund, but he was thinking he would like a long haired one. Imagine my shock, because this man is always saying "No more animals!"

I am wearing... jeans and a red wraparound jersey shirt

I am remembering... uhhh....this seems to be a bad week for remembering anything. My brain is on vacation.

I am going... dress shopping, I s'pose. Can't go naked to my niece's wedding, now can I?!

I am currently reading...a Better Homes and Gardens magazine

I am hoping... that Jesse has an easy week at work. He's been working like a pack mule lately. I know money is money, but dang.......

On my mind... is that I feel bad about not visiting my usual blogs. Ryan's computer goes all crazy and then some blogs come up and other ones don't.....ugh.....I miss nosing into everybody's lives! :)

Noticing that...the birds are clearly having a party in my backyard. Even the pigeons are joining in. I know some people don't like pigeons, but I love them and their wobbly walk....

Pondering these words..."I'm going to be a young parent." from my 19 year old daughter. Uhhhhh......how young are we talking, here?

From the kitchen...leftovers from a grill-fest 2 days ago. Who wants fajitas?!

Around the house...::sigh:: my house will never be immaculate. I'm going to go cry now.

One of my favorite things is when my almost 2 year old niece sees me and comes wildly running to me, she has no doubt that I will catch her as she flings herself into me for a hug.

A picture I'm sharing...


More Daybookers at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! It's never too late to participate, so go, read, do it. Or just read mine. It's all good.

7 comments:

  1. You and Jesse are so funny. In my house it's my dad adding to the zoo and my mom saying,'No more!" Is that Valencia? OMW! She's so big. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss J loves these entries.

    Good luck on teh dress shopping. Miss J went yesterday. ugh... nothing so far but frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time choosing your outfit.
    Our pigeons feeding from our back gardens are like aircraft carriers. lol
    They need to run, just about, to take flight as they are so well fed. lol
    Delegate someone to get rid of your dust bunnies or turn a fan on and 'shoo' them down to the other side of the house out of your sight. hahahahaha
    Hugs
    Jeanie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Just stopped in from the Simple Womans Daybook posts. :) So are you going to be a grandma? :) I am 37 and a grandmother, my daughter became pregnant at 17 and had her son just before her 18th birthday. I love being a grandmother although yes I could have waited a few more years ;) Well good luck no matter what the outcome :) Nice meeting you.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waitaminit. When did Ryan decide she wanted kids? I thought she didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was in 8th grade I was sure I would have kids at 18. I didn't. She won't either. She is a smart girl.
    p.s. You can always lock her up in a convent.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. *poke*

    Ya dead? Don't be dead.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....