Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'll Have The......Lemon Chicken?

We have a favorite Chinese restaurant here.....and we usually get the same waiter every time. He jokes about how Adrian grows taller every time he sees him..... he always remembers what our usual orders are...etc.

So. This time, I guess the owner was running a little short on waitstaff, bcause he was out there taking orders and bussing tables.

He asked what drinks we wanted and we received those quickly. Then he asked us what we wanted to order. It's a good thing we go there often, because we hadn't even been given menus. hee hee....

Adrian said "Can I have the sweet and sour chicken?"

"yeah yeah! Lemon chicken! You like it!"

Adrian says "Uhhhhhh......errr.....sweet and sour chicken?"

"Okay..."

Then Ryan orders "Could I have sesame chicken?"

"yeah yeah! Lemon chicken! You like it!"

"Uhhhhhhhhhh........no. Sesame chicken."

"No lemon chicken?! It good! You like it!"

"Uhhhh.....no?"

"Okay."

Then I ordered. I asked for chicken broccoli. Extra spicy.

I got chicken lo mein. Extra spicy.

::sigh:: Oh well......still good...and actually, I was surprised. At least I didn't get the lemon chicken.

6 comments:

  1. Now . . . "I" would have had the lemon chicken, and love,love, LOVED it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOD, YOU'RE NOT DEAD?!

    Good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and that's the owner. Scary! Did the kids eventually get what the asked for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny. He is sure he remembers your preferences better than you do.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....