Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... May 11, 2010

Outside my window... It's cloudy and humid. Even the dogs don't want to be out there. ew.

I am thinking... about my dog. He has another mass on his chest. :-/ It's getting to be 'that time'. Sucks.

I am thankful for... all the earrings I received this Mothers Day. Having just discovered that I could wear earrings again....after years of not being able to.....I was slowly building up my collection again. Sensitive earrings are not exactly cheap. $10ish bucks a pop, there. So, I was surprised and very excited to get lots of earrings as a Mothers Day gift.
I am wearing... jeans and a t shirt. Seems to be my usual....
I am remembering... the mashed cauliflower Jesse made a couple days ago for dinner. I could eat the whole bowl by myself. *drool* I know what y'all are saying....'ew. cauliflower.' but I promise you, this is GOOD. STUFF. I tricked my very picky niece into trying some. She said "Wow....these are really good! What's in them?!" She thought they were just plain mashed potatoes. When I told her it was cauliflower, she gave me 'the face'. I said "Haaaaaaa......You liked it!"
I am going... nowhere. I'm staying in my house alll day. Yay, me. I don't want to go out in that gross heat and humidity.
I am currently reading... nothing, but I have a story for y'all. Since we're going to Indiana, I figured I should get a couple books to keep myself occupied on the drive. I ordered my books on Amazon, paid for them, and then got my confirmation email. The books are scheduled to arrive on the day I leave. AURGH.....
I am hoping... that today continues to be a calm, quiet day.
On my mind... what's for dinner. We grilled a bunch of meat a couple days ago, but I don't particularly want to eat just grilled meat.
Noticing that... Sancho (the white dog - we changed his name because Jesse kept complaining that everybody thought 'he' was a 'she'.) is shaking his head. Must be something in his ear.....
Pondering these words... none, really...
From the kitchen... well, the kitchen is clean, for once. That in itself is worth mentioning. I made some banana pudding and some chicken salad.......still thinking about what I'm making for dinner, though...
Around the house... laundry, laundry, laundry.
One of my favorite things is when I go on up to bed, all the dogs are hot on my tail. Poor Jesse....by the time he gets up there, all the space has been claimed.
A picture I'm sharing...
my Mothers Day flowers. I got to pick them out myself. Pink roses make me feel pretty.
..........and there's my Daybook for this week. I know I've been slacking on my postings lately, so it's a good thing I do the Daybook or y'all would think I was dead. More Daybookers here: ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! Go take a peek!

5 comments:

  1. Will you share your mashed cauliflower recipe?

    Elizabeth :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. You KNOW we're wantin' that recipe, right? RIGHT?!?!
    I'm glad you're doing well and feelin' good Amy.
    And "Yay" for earrings!
    =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you buy a few good pairs of earrings, you'll never have to replace them, therefore saving you money in the long run. Like how I think? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am low carbing and not loving it. I miss potatoes. Mashed cauliflower sounds like a good substitute.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....