Monday, July 19, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... Monday, July 19, 2010

Outside my window... there are clouds passing through, which is a welcome sight, because sun and heat are getting on my nerves. Is Summer over yet?! Good grief.....

I am thinking... that I should probably get up and transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer. I am so unmotivated today. I'm a lump. A big blobby unmotivated lump.

I am thankful for... plenty of things, but when I try to narrow it down to just one thing, I get all "No, wait....what about this!" and then it makes me all crazy. (I don't think I need to be MORE crazy, do you?!)

I am wearing... jeans, socks, light sweater.... (because it may be 100 degrees outside, but my A/C thermostat reads 72. Yessssss......)

I am remembering... Zely's 2nd birthday party yesterday. Y'all know that girl may be my niece, but she is my baby girl, too. The sunshine in my life, I tell you. There was a Princess bouncy house. She was jumping around inside it like a deranged maniac. Tomboy Princess, I guess....

I am going... nowhere. What a relief. The past few days have been go-go-go, so not needing to anything or go anywhere is nice.......

I am currently reading... Victoria magazine. I'm waiting for some books to come in from Amazon. (<-- also known in this house as 'The Devil'.)

I am hoping... to not get any solicitors today. They seem to be in full force lately.....ringing the doorbell and setting off the dogs, who *must* yodel before, during, and long after the door has been answered.

On my mind... we took Adrian to the dermatologist on Friday because his skin was so dry, it was cracking. The doctor told him to stop washing his hands 98 times a day. I don't know where he gets this OCDish washing from, but whatever....it's killing him to have to think "Okay, is this a time that warrants a NEED to wash my hands?"

Noticing that... there are at least 15 Spanish language channels on my TV. 5 years ago, there were 3.

Pondering these words... "I really don't think those shorts are going to fit you!" -Jesse. What?! Ass.

From the kitchen... C.O.R.N. tonight.....Clean Out The Refrigerator night.....sausage, barbacoa, some taco meat.....got some rice and beans in there, too.....some potato salad, I think.....

Around the house... let's not visualize 'around my house' today. Crimeny.

One of my favorite things... lately is a new TV show called 'Last Chance Highway'. The premise is that the South has an extremely high animal population. The pets are put up on a website and are shipped to wherever to be with their forever families. (Spay and neuter, people! PLEASE!)
A picture I'm sharing...
Hi, Mom! LOL....it's all fun and games til somebody waves some money at the mariachis!
~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ has more Daybookers........check them out!

4 comments:

  1. Just before I came to your blog I got a sales call and now I have to get up and move the laundry from the washer to the dryer. Weird, huh? Well, I suppose that happened to most of us today. Hope your MOnday is better than 'meh'!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is Summer over yet?"
    I've said the same thing every day for this whole month. SIGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I am LOVING the heat, but cooling off in the pool on occasion.

    Love the picture though. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can identify with you especially about your dog. Mine is tiny but has a really big bark and starts with the smallest noise and continues until after the person has gone. Gets really anoying sometimes but then I appreciate his keen ears that keep us aware when someone is near. We are having triple digit temps here in NC and it is almost unbearable except for our precious A/C. I am ready for fall and cooler temps. You have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....