Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... August 4th, 2010

Outside my window... it is hot. So very hot. Last night, I was at the pool for Adrian's swim class. I'm there sitting in the shade watching him and...my sunglasses fog up. WHAT IN THE WORLD?! Apparently, *I* was so hot, that my glasses, which were in close proximity to my face, steamed over. Ugh. Gross.

I am thinking... that I need to get up and pour myself another mug of liquid motivation.

I am thankful for...this guy. He's so goofy and insane. He makes me laugh. (Of course, he is also the reason my arm looks like I have a heroin problem, but we'll let that slide...)
I am wearing... jeans and a grey tank top....socks, too...
I am remembering... a line from The Secret of Roan Inish. "Christ Almighty, Fiona!" ....makes me laugh because my grandma used to say that...(well, she never called people Fiona, but......) Is that an Irish thing? I dunno....
I am going... to park my ass in this house and not go out until it's Autumn.
I am currently reading... This Family of Mine...Victoria Gotti
I am hoping... that it's a quiet day today. I need one of those.
On my mind... Jesse said I needed a therapist. I said "Pfft.....I'm not paying anybody to pretend they're listening to me. I can get that here for free."
Noticing that... there are two large baskets of unmatched socks waiting for me. Raise your hand if you have a basket at your house, too. Raise the other hand if you've seriously thought about throwing away all the unmatched socks and just buying a couple new packages.
From the kitchen... Tacos/Taco salad for dinner tonight.....Buffalo Chicken salad tomorrow
Around the house... do de doooo *whistling* Eh? What's that?
One of my favorite things...is singing along to the radio with Alex.
A picture I'm sharing...

....everybody had taken off to go somewhere, and the dog needed a haircut....so, I put down a towel on the table, whipped out the clippers and went to town. Every time I'd shave off a strip of fur, I'd put it to the side. I was focused on getting the job done quickly because Sophie has a patience point and once you pass it, that's it. She's done, whether I am or not. I got to 'good enough' and put her down. About a minute later, everybody walked in the door. Ryan looked at the table and she got this shocked look and said "Oh my god, Mother! Did you drug the dog??!?!" I was like "What?" She comes closer....."Did you drug the.....what is...." and then Sophie sneezed behind her. Ryan jumped and spun around.....looked at Sophie....looked at the blob of fur on the table and said "I thought you killed her!" (Wha? Really? Is she insane?)
and so ends my blabbing for today. More Daybookers at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! Click itttttttttttttttt..........

8 comments:

  1. That dog is adorable. Oh, and, as a therapist, I can assure you that I am listening to you here and I would even listen if you were paying me.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO love these entries. They are so "you".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, I wait for sales (usually right about now, with the back to school stuff) and buy boatloads of socks. I ditch pretty much everyone's and replace them. It's easier than finding all the ones the kids take off in strange places and the dogs cart around randomly. $6/10 pack of Hanes socks is a really cheap sanity-saver, y'know?

    ~Emily (google still hates me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your daybook Amy! I love The Secret Of Roan Inish! One of my all time favourite movies!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha. I saw that Gotti book in the library & had a very good laugh.

    I love staring at your dog.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the best bits of advice I ever got was to buy a whole bunch of pairs of the same sock. Or, if you like a whole bunch of pairs of the same athletic sock, a whole bunch of pairs of the same blue dress sock, and a whole bunch of pairs of the same brown dress sock. Makes pairing them up a snap.

    As for Jesse, well, it's good you have the dogs.

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All that hair really does look like a dog! That's a lot of hair!! Your other puppy is adorable!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....