Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY... August 31, 2010
Outside my window... sunny and hot (shocker) but I feel a cool breeze every once in a while.
I am thinking...too much. It's about 'that time' for Paco....our amazing 10 year old Tennessee Treeing Brindle. He's had a long fight with bone cancer, but I think he's ready to quit the fight. I can't even tell y'all how much it freaking sucks.
I am thankful for...10 awesome years with that dog.....Alex celebrating his 19th birthday....the fact that Summer is almost over....
I am wearing... jeans and a t shirt....and these weird socks that are supposed to give you arch support. Initially they feel odd, but they're surprisingly comfortable and the pain in my arch is gone...(for now)
I am remembering...the hot, hot misery of Fiesta Texas. How stupid are we to go to a theme park when it's 100+ degrees outside? Yeah, pretty stupid.
I am going... nowhere for the rest of the week. Eh....it's alright....I have too much stuff that needs to be done around the house.
I am currently reading...nothing of any substance. A couple of magazines, really....
I am hoping... that we are able to deal with the coming week.
On my mind... what the hell am I eating for dinner? Meh.
Noticing that...I keep getting emails from a Catholic organization. Is that a sign? Hee...
From the kitchen... chicken salad, maybe... my diet has been terrible lately.
Around the house... laundry. lots of it. who in the hell wears so many damn clothes, I don't know. It aint' me 'cause I'm always in my pajamas.
One of my favorite things is sitting in front of the fan. A cool breeze improves my mood considerably.
A picture I'm sharing...
Alex is 19. and way taller than me. I have to look up at him to get after him.
.....did I say I had three kids? Hmm....maybe I should start saying 'four'.
..........and there's my Daybook for today. I know I haven't been doing them lately, but I've been unmotivated (for one) and there have been....erm....things (of the paranormal kind) at my house and it's unsettling, so.....yeah.
More Daybookers here: ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! Go do some clickin'!

10 comments:

  1. As always, great entry. You do this particular exercise justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am intrigued. Paranormal. Do tell more!! Loved your daybook as always. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your dog. Bless your heart.

    Socks with arch support? I had no idea! Where do you get them?

    Ummmm, do you have a ghost or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking at the last photo... must be Jessie in the green shirt ...husbands of bloggers put up with a lot from us don't they? Oh and I am really sorry to hear about the dog. Another friend of mine is losing a dog also and my heart goes out to both of you.
    Lisa in Kentucky

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{{Amy}}}} I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I feel sure saying the years he saw lots of love in the years he's had with you.

    As for the rest, well, it sounds like there's at least one spirit out there searching for protoplasmic arch support...

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our animals are like kids to us. When we lose one, we lose a child. sending you big hugs.

    Have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it crushes my heart about your dog. Our Rudi is our family and although he is only 6 he has begun to have back troubles (He's a doxie) and it is just a horrible thing to have to think about. I am saying a prayer for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore those pictures. Sunny & hot..Ya Sure? ;0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hug Paco for me. And one for you, too.

    I cannot believe Alex is 19. Good grief, where does the time go?

    Did the Florida entities follow you to TX??

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog and cool post.

    If you're interested, this is mine: http://thestoriesofwhitegloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....