Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook



For today ...September 21, 2010



Outside my window... overcast. WooHoo! The temps are not bad, either. The birds are flitting about and singing to their hearts' content. The cats are watching them from the window and making those strangly chirps to try and entice the birds closer. Does that ever really work?! Is the bird thinking "Hey....where's that babe with the sexy voice coming from?!"


I am thinking... about nothing! I have all these flighty random thoughts in my head, and then when I stop and think 'What am I thinking about?', I get nothing.

I am thankful for... a family that indulges my crossword puzzle addiction and helps me finds words.

I am wearing... jeans, a mustard (or cat vomit) colored t shirt, socks and slippers

In the learning room... still reading A Life Like Mine. We tried reading it last year and Adrian was not interested at all. This year, every time he turns the page, he's like "Mom! Did you know....."

I am remembering... how exhausted I was last night. Y'all, I was so tired, I was crying. Crying.

I am going... to go to bed earlier tonight, dammit! Oh....going to the beach at some point this week, methinks....

I am currently reading... recipes. I need some cake.

I am hoping...
that I don't step in dog slobber today. Do y'all know how many times I've changed socks in the past three days?! Gahhhhh.........

On my mind... my eyes are dry. That's what I get for wearing makeup, huh? Weird since I only use Almay stuff around my eyes and it's supposed to be all hypoaller...whatever.

Noticing that... I've been hearing this weird popping type noise for the past 5 minutes and couldn't place it. Then I got up. There's a 5 lb package of hamburger thawing on the counter. It seems one of the cats was trying to have hamburger for lunch.

From the kitchen... meatloaf for dinner tonight....with mustard greens, I think. Some cornbread sounds good with that, too!

Around the house... semi-clean for once. (I KNOW!)

One of my favorite things is that first sip of hot coffee in the morning. For that one moment, everything is right with the world. You know how on TV shows, something happens and all the background noise goes away? Yeah....that's my moment.

From my camera...


Nevermind that the way I'm sleeping makes me look like a heifer.... Sleeping with Zely is so peaceful...



....and there's my Daybook for today! Check ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ for more Daybookers!

7 comments:

  1. One perfect moment a day is pretty good. But it sounds like you have more: sleeping w/Zelly; being in the zone with your crosswords; cat love; dreaming of corn bread. Hope more perfect moments come to you, you so deserve them. Big hugs to you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those days when I was tired enough to cry. Thankfully they are gone now but I can relate. I enjoyed reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cat vomit colored shirt made me laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great daybook Amy! As always! I have been tired enough to cry Quite a few times, especially on those nights I had to stay up all night packing with my boss after having worked all the day before as well. Happily those days are now finished!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic moments...I loved reading your day book.
    Your photo is full of peace and contentment. I shall tiptoe out now so as not to wake you all up. lol
    Hugs
    Jeanie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have felt that weariness and exhaustion at the end of a long day... mmmm, a good meatloaf sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....