Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today, Oct 12, 2010

Outside my window... it's sunny and hot (ick...). The past week of cool weather was nice, though. I think there's rain kicking around in the forecast somewhere, but the weather people probably just say that to have something different to say besides "Sunny and warm today!"

I am thinking... of what I have to get done for Adrian's costume/birthday party. (Clearly, this entry was high on the list. Hee hee...)

I am thankful for... responsible children that think things through. :-X

I am wearing... jeans, grey t shirt, socks.....big change from last weeks' clothing, huh?!

I am remembering... Last night, around 3 AM, I was laying in bed reading and Ryan comes in and says "I need to go shopping." and walked into my closet.

I am going... to Walgreens for some makeup. I might be going to the grocery store in the next day or so for party goodies, too.

I am currently reading... Leaflet Missal Religious Goods It's not a book, but it does take some time to browse through....

I am hoping... that this twinge in my lower back goes away or I am going to have to haul my big butt to the doctor. I don't want to bend over and get stuck that way!

On my mind... I wonder if I can squeeze a nap into the day. I've not been sleeping well lately.

Noticing that... I don't have any sweets in the house. the hell?

Pondering these words... (as I'm reading something to Ryan) ".....and it says 'Cleanliness is next to Godliness..."" She looks around and says "Oh. It all makes sense to me now." :-0

From the kitchen... Chinese food yesterday, so hopefully leftovers for dinner so I can keep on cleaning. I always get on my cleaning jag around 3 or 4.

Around the house... little messes here and there, but it'll get done by Saturday.

One of my favorite things is setting up for my favorite holiday - Halloween!

From my camera...are a couple pictures

"Babe....are these towels clean?!
"Yeah...."
"Why do they have cat fur all over them?"
"Um. What?"

Also, check this out.... Jesse came home the other day wielding a bottle of wine. ChocoVines. I was kind of excited. I like chocolate. I like red wine. Why not, right? It finally got chilled and I got my glass and poured some. Y'all, it was like YooHoo with a shot of tequila in it. So. My decision? Epic fail. Down the drain.....bleurg....
...........and there's my Daybook. ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ has more Daybookers! Check 'em out!

7 comments:

  1. I once tasted some chocolate wine at a wine-tasting event. Yuck. Some flavors should not be mixed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan sounds hysterical! So funny! Chocolate with a shot of tequila? Hmmm, not sure about that. Yoo hoo, yes. Tequila, heck yeah! But together? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like chocolate. I do not like red wine. What kind of psycho thought they'd be good together?

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post. You have a great list here! As for wine, chocolate or otherwise, me no like!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog...enjoyed it!
    The picture of your 'dog rug' gave me a much needed giggle. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard from a lot of people who like the chocolate wine, but I don't even want to try. Ick.

    Ryan is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I can save you some time on a couple of these, Amy. When you go to the doctor, make a side trip to the party store and then to the supermarket to by cookies.

    Glad I could help...
    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....