Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook


For today... November 2nd, 2010

Outside my window... it is gorgeous. GORGEOUS! The Gates of Hell opened up here last night and rain and hail were coming sideways. ....and then this morning came and it was cool and breezy and beautiful.

I am thinking... "Did I already put fabric softener in the wash? Hmm....should I get up and check? Why does that doughnut taste weird? Oh! That coffee's hot."

I am thankful for... this day. It's days like this that make the Hellish summers in Texas suck less.

I am wearing... jeans, grey shirt, socks, slippers

In the learning room... "El queso es viejo y petrido. Donde esta el sanitarios?"

I am remembering... Zely, after being told 'No.' by Ryan looked at me and said "Mamieeeeeeee!" because that child knows she has me wrapped around her little finger.

I am going... to the thrift store, maybe. Let's see what kind of money I can waste on knick knacks I don't need. (ohhhhhmygosh, y'all.....I as watching an episode of Hoarders last night where the lady justified all her hoarding because she bought from the thrift store and it was cheap, so it was okay. yikes.)

I am currently reading... college reports. It seems I am the only one who knows how to proofread and edit. I can't tell y'all how many times I have said "Just because it makes sense in your head when you write it does not mean it makes sense to anyone else reading it!"

I am hoping... that today marks the end of heat. Not only for myself, but also because we cannot deal with another $300 electric bill.

On my mind... stupid daylight savings time. Gah....get rid of it already!

Noticing that... the house is so quiet. So. Quiet. (IhateTV)

Pondering these words...
Strange guy:"Aren't you kids a little old to be trick or treating?"
Ryan: "He's 12!"
Strange guy: "Are you sure you're all not in college?!"
Really? Idiot. Besides, me personally will give anybody candy if they have a costume on. It's the effort that counts to me, you know?

From the kitchen... Eh. There's hamburger thawing, but I'm fairly uninspired right now. Last night was Fend-For-Yourself. The night before that was Burger King. pfft. whatever.

Around the house... it's a mess. a messy messy mess. I need to do some dishes and laundry and vacuuming and dusting and....lather, rinse, repeat.

One of my favorite things is when my niece sends me pictures of the little tadpole in her tummy.

From my camera...
Sometimes, you just have to take matters into your own hands.


More Daybookin' fun here....at ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~! I love looking at everybody's pictures....and you do, too, you stalkers.

6 comments:

  1. Love your list! I too have been frequented by trick or treaters who I know were old enough to imbibe!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that Hoarders show is SCARY! I am sentimental and I keep way to much stuff, but seriously? SCARY!

    Gosh, that baby girl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your day book Amy, but then again, I always do! Love the little cutie in the picture. What a sweetheart! I don't think I could ever say no to that little charmer! I don't care how old the trick or treaters are. If they have enough guts to come to my door, then more power to them! It's only candy. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - one stalker out. Sorry - I just never took the time to figure out how to go public. LOVE how you write!! I found your blog through Donna http://donnajustme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trick or treating...we get them pretty old over here. Big, too, which is more to the point. Feels less like kids having a holiday and more like paying protection.

    Keep on daybookin', Amy.

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....