Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook












For Today - January 18th, 2011

Outside my window... it's very sunny and a little cool.  The past two or three days were cold and cloudy and drizzly, so I suppose it was time for a little sun.  (That was convincing, wasn't it?)  Update :  It's 3:30 PM and 72 degrees.  Time to air out the house and open the doors!


I am thinking... that I should get it in gear and start cleaning, but ugh....I don't wanna!

I am thankful for... the little things in life.  A joke shared with a friend... soft kleenex... puppy kisses....(speaking of puppies, I was at the pet store the other day buying some stuff for the rabbit and of course, I had to wander over to the puppies.  Can you believe they wanted $3,500 for an English Bulldog puppy?!  What the....it's a dog, not a child!)

I am wearing... denim capris, t shirt, thin sweatshirt.  SEX-AY!  or not.

In the learning room... that boy is still asleep!  What the heck does he do at night that he sleeps this much?!  Geeez...

I am remembering... two nights ago, I'm there in bd, watching TV and eating cheese and crackers.  I had just stuffed a cracker in my mouth when a commercial came on.  "Are you overweight?!  Are you just sitting there doing nothing about it?!"  I choked on my cracker laughing....woke up Jesse....who proceeded to laugh about it, too.  Stupid TV.

I am going... to go peel those eggs I just boiled.  aaaaaand that's my excitement for today.  (GAHHHHHH......I let the water in the eggs boil down!  dammit.)

I am currently reading... Romantic Homes.  I love me some pretties!

I am hoping... Ryan has a good day at school.  Today started the new semester.  "Now, play nice with the other girls and boys and remember, you're not looking for Mr. Right, just Mr. Right Now!"

On my mind... why in the world my cat is yowling.  She's just sitting there in the middle of the living room yowling.  It's not like she's calling the other cats.  She doesn't even like the other cats!

Noticing that... a ridiculous amount of people do not have a sense of humor.  Ugh....crabby people!

From the kitchen... there's some hard boiled eggs and a bunch of dirty dishes.  Such is my life.

Around the house... it's a mess, okay?!  How many times must I admit this?!  LOL  Jesse had last week off.....so you know....chores and stuff get forgotten...

One of my favorite things is when Jesse comes home from work and the dogs are on the couch.  He stops and looks at them.  They look at him.  Then they look at me.  Then back at him.  Then they slink off the couch and give him a dirty look.  Every.  Single.  Day.

From my camera:


Monster Jam.  The kids had pit passes, so they got to go down and take pictures and stuff.  Alex's favorite was the Ninja Turtle truck.

and there is another 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back.  Sorry about that...
More Daybookin' here:  ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~!!

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up! I could read your daybook every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I can't get that cracker-in-bed visual out of my head...

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Are you overweight?! Are you just sitting there doing nothing about it?!" made me laugh. I had jobes tutoring English and Spanish in college, and one time my tutee started reading his essay aloud to me while I was finishing the last few bites of my donut. The title of his piece was "Why Are Fat People Fat?" When he read that part, I almost choked laughing and said "Probably because they don't eat donuts while they work." :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....