Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook










Outside my window... it's sunny and cold. Well...cold-ish. It's not cold til the wind blows. The weather idiots here are getting all hyped up. "19 degrees! Possible snow!" Seriously, you fools? I have been psyched out by you too many times to even care.


I am thinking... about this past week or two. They've been....challenging. My mom's been in the hospital for almost a week now. When she went in to the hospital, it was for an outpatient thing - fluid on her lungs. Drain it, give her meds, send her home the next day. Well. One operation turned into 2 that turned into 3 that turned into "Oh, by the way, the pet scan we did yesterday shows a lot of cancer...."

I am thankful for... the fact that they gave my mom that morphine clicker so she can get almost instant pain relief.

I am wearing... I'll let y'all guess.

In the learning room... lots of reading...little bit of math...

I am remembering... when Jesse and I were at the hospital and my mom was all out there feeling pretty good and she was talking some crazy shit, and she says "I'll never remember anything that happened in the past few days, I'm so stupid...." and Jesse says "Don't worry about that, Diane. Where did you hide the money?" Hahaha....idiot.

I am going... nowhere today that I know of... There'll be more hospital visits, though....

I am currently reading... hospital paperwork, retirement paperwork, bills paperwork. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I am hoping... :-/

On my mind... is that I've got a brother (18) and sister (20) who are looking to me to see if I'm freaking out, then they should be freaking out. NO FREAKING OUT!













Noticing that... my morning (give me a break here) coffee is not delicious today.

Pondering these words... eesh. so many words....everything is just on instant replay in my brain....

From the kitchen... chicken stir fry last night, beef vegetable soup tonight. think I'll make a cake or something for the kids....

Around the house... I'm cleaning. Eh. It's a distraction....

One of my favorite things is people watching. I've done a lot of it while I've been hanging out at the hospital.

From my camera...











....there's somthing wrong with these two....

and there's the Daybook for today.  ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ has more!!  Check it....

8 comments:

  1. You know where I stand, ANYTHING you need and I'm there.
    Noting on your pic. is the chicken purse the referee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a lot to deal with. Praying for you Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry about your mom, Amy. That would definitely make for some stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No words, sweetie. [Except that it is 17 degrees here, and snowy.. and windy]

    ((((hugs))))

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy, so sorry to read about your mum. Keeping her and YOU in my deepest prayers and thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish your Mother as little pain as possible. I don't have a "sorry" because to me, life into death (to this world) leads to life in another. My mother had the exact same thing, it struck me how similar. Her fluid was, indeed, cancerous cells which took her out of this step on the journey in only 2 months. No pain. Good. We can only live till we live again somewhere else. Death is just the part where we loose these torturous bodies. It's the "still living" who have trouble thinking on it all, but you're doing fine. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I'm so sorry about your mom. I can't even imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really sorry to read about your mom. I'd light a candle but I'm off to bed, so I'll pray instead. Blessings to all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....