Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Chickens In The Coop

So.  In the past few weeks, my computer crapped out (fixed now)....and I'm adjusting to life as it is now.  My brother and sister have moved in with us for now.  My brother is staying til we're able to clean up my mom's house.  My sister is staying longer.  Two years, she says.  :)  Anyway, I've been going over to my mom's house a couple times a week to clean up - because my mom was a hoarder.  If you've seen those shows on TV, you know what I'm seeing.  It's not as bad as those on TV, but bad is bad either way.  She never let us throw anything away.  She saved clothing tags, for petes sake.  She had clothing 2 feet high in her whole room.  I was slightly worried something was hiding in there waiting to kill me.  Luckily, the only thing I found was a dead mouse, which my brother kindly disposed of.  ....chugging along with that, at any rate.  We've started ripping up the carpets and getting ready to paint.  A lifetime of smoking ruined the house, really.  Oy....I'm tired.

Anyway, blah blah blah Easter blah blah blah and then blah blah.  You know?!  We had a night time egg hunt...so the kids had to make sure what they picked up was a 'gift' from the Easter bunny and not a 'gift' from the dog.
confetti eggs.  Everybody gets the most joy from cracking the eggs on me for some reason...

Thumper thinks he is way cuter than the Cadbury bunny!

So with the proclaimation that I am, indeed, alive...I'll end this post.....because I have dinner to cook.  Two extra teenagers in the house...can y'all imagine?  Jesse said "I thought when we got older, we'd have kids moving out....not moving in!"  :)  I kinda like having more chickens in the nest, though...

6 comments:

  1. Didn't I comment on this post already? Oh well. Just know I love you, Amy. Meh to you from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed you Amy. Hope you aren't too busy to let us know how it's going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes I now what you mean. we havve had more moving in with us and more popping up lol so to speak and yes we have more chickens. and yes MOMS HOUSE will suck cept she dont smoke but she is a hoarder room piled up hight wtih boxes and clothes. yup we would have a night time hunt and have to watch pooey piles lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending lots of love, hugs and prayers for these times you are going through. ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much going on, Amy, and yet it sounds like you're handling it with great strength. You go, girl!

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have way too much going on, but you handle it so well....(sending ice cream & wine coolers).
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....