Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY - June 28th, 2011

Outside my window...it's hot and sunny...pretty much the norm for south Texas

I am thinking...that after I finish this, I'm gonna go take a hot shower. My back has been aching for the past few days, so hopefully a hot shower will help.

I am thankful for...being able to be 'just a housewife'.

From the kitchen...last week, we had each of the kids (and us) make dinner. 7 people in the family = 7 days of dinners. Whoever made the best dinner won a small cash prize, as well as lunch out and a movie of their choosing. The competition was fierce! There was cake! There was pie! Oh yeah....and real food, too. At the end of the week, everybody voted. The winning meal (by anonymous votes!) was Adrian, who made pasta alfredo, breaded chicken, salad, garlic bread, and cake. The boy is 12 and he kicked some ASS in that kitchen. I'm so proud! We're only doing this every other week or so....but it's nice because I basically get a week off from making dinner.

I am wearing...denim capris and a purple flowy shirt...and my beloved socks

I am creating...a laundry/clothes system. We'll see in the coming weeks how smoothly it goes.

I am reading...ha! Nothing. I don't have time to read anymore.

I am hoping...to have an early bed time tonight. I am exhausted allll the frickin' time lately. I don't know what my problem is....

I am hearing...the hum of the dryer....and the dehumidifier

Around the house...it's getting there....slow and steady...

One of my favorite things...is Diet Coke. It's an addiction I'm okay with.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Psych doc visit tomorrow..("Yep, you're still mentally unstable!  Please pay at the front desk!")..couple parties coming up - the MIL (<-still in rehab. It's not going so great.), Ryan, and my brother, Tyler.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
my sister, Alaina, me, and Ryan at my niece's 18th birthday party...
and there's my Daybook.
  ~The Simple Woman's Daybook~ has more Daybookers!
Check 'em out!

4 comments:

  1. I might have to borrow that meal contest idea! Did they all do their own dishes too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - it went like this...

    Ryan cooks Monday
    Adrian cooks Tuesday
    Alex cooks Wednesday
    etc...

    and then dish duty is
    Adrian does dishes on Monday night
    Alex does dishes on Tuesday night
    etc.... so the person doing dishes will be cooking the next day - but they have a clean kitchen (or as clean as they need for whatever they're cooking)..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture, Amy! But what's this about a hot shower? You're a southern woman, you're supposed to take bubble baths! :-)

    Ben
    http://kissthecook-ben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben - it's not for lack of trying! The Golden sleeps in the bathtub! Every time I try to get him out of there, he raises up his head and looks at me like "Are you serious?"

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....