Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 19 of Being Present - Best Friend

Best Friend.  I didn't even have to think for more than a second.  Yes, I have my best friends...2 of them.  They're my homies through thick and thin, but BEST BEST FRIEND?  Only one.
Thankfully, I am coming down off the PMS hormone roller coaster.  I'm gonna tear up because of this post.

I got BooBoo for my 16th birthday.  16 years of wanting a dog so.  freaking.  bad.  He was a cockapoo.... buff colored....and the love we had for each other is something you can't even grasp.  It was like...movie love.  When I talk about him, I start crying....and he's been gone for 12 years.  I never had to tell him everything, because he already knew.  (ohmygod I hate this post.)   Nobody - animal or person will ever be close to the pedestal I had him on.  He will always be...my BEST friend.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I know exactly what you mean. I still remember the love of my life, my precious lil yorkey, Abby Lane. I had her for 17 years and still miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMY having just helped Pepper over the bridge I know exactly what you mean. PEpper is my best best best friend. I never had to tell him anything. I miss that dog more than I know Im afraid I will still be crying 12 yaers from now. I hate that he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how I feel about Maizy, my dog I had to put down right before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww what a cutie !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know where you're at, Amy. There were two cats in my life, both gone some years now.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....