Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garner State Park

"Mom!  I wanna go to a park for my birthday!"
....can't say 'no' to birthday requests!
picnic spot in the shade right next to the river.

swim and eat, eat and swim

at 95 degrees....that Frio River felt amazing

beautiful views

....plenty of shade...

there's my posse!  we don't bother cutting the watermelon - we just drop it, let it explode, and grab a piece...

....looking at the gorgeous Hill Country
...day well spent!
Are we going again?  Heck, yeah....we bought the yearly park passes!
Totally worth it!  (although, getting in the park was $7.00 a head....omg..)

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Concan, Texas - about an hour and a half from San Antonio....in the Hill Country. All the hills keep the breezes going, so even with high temps, it's still really pleasant. They have camping as well...lots of deer hopping around...

      Delete
    2. That's really beautiful!!! WOW! And it's in Texas??? REALLY? I'll have to go check it out! :) Probably during fall though... right? I am glad you had such a fun time! :)

      Delete
    3. Fall would be just as beautiful, but I'd imagine not wanting to get in the water by mid-September.... when they say 'Frio' River...they are not kidding!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....