Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today - June 5, 2012
 Outside My Window - the sun is blazing and it will be very hot today...high 90s, the weatherman says. Ick. Although, I cut the grass last night in the dark (quite windy last night too....so I was glad about that....cools everything down AND keeps the mosquitos away) so I could wake up this morning to a pretty freshly cut yard....

 I Am Thinking - about what to make for side dishes with dinner. I took out some pork steaks to be grilled.... maybe some green beans with bacon and a salad...

 I Am Thankful For - waking up with the dogs all cuddled around me on the bed. I may be a little sore from the contortionist act I do all night, but the fact that they want to be close to me makes me happy.

 From The Kitchen - eeks...gotta go in there and clean it before I can do anything else. No baking going on, but there is some pastries from the bakery on the corner sitting there for whoever wants them....

 I Am Wearing - denim capris, a pajama shirt, and striped fuzzy socks. Ohhh, I'm the picture of hotness, I guarantee you....

 I Am Creating - a blog post and that's about it...

 I Am Going - nowhere I can think of....maybe out to the grocery store and the pet store for the cat. She is very hoity and likes her Blue Buffalo cat food.

 I Am Reading - Romantic Homes magazine. I browse through it and think 'If Only....'

 I Am Hoping - that my twice broken toe will heal a little more quickly. Wearing shoes with a broken toe is not pleasant.

 I Am Hearing - the hum of the dehumidifier, the birds chirping and pecking at their treats in the cage, the hum of the fish tank (oops! forgot to feed them this morning!)

 Around The House - mess mess here, mess mess there....ehhh....what are you going to do. As long as nobody falls and breaks their neck, I guess I'm alright...

 One Of My Favorite Things - is running my hands through dry beans when I am getting ready to make a pot. I know it's strange, but it's rather soothing, too. No wonder it's a favorite activity of little kids...

 Something New About Me - I'm dieting and doing pretty alright. Sure, I have rough days where I'm just annoyed at having to think about my food, but I suppose I'd rather do that than just eat myself into a food coma...

One Of My Guilty Pleasures - cinnamon toast.  I could easily eat 5 slices.  But only cinnamon toast....any other pastry....eh.

 Pet Peeves - people playing their violin coooooonnnnnstantly.

 A Picture Thought I'm Sharing:
kids find their own fun, don't they?
 

 ....and there's my day book for this week. More Daybookers over at The Simple Woman

1 comment:

  1. Yes,they do. I stole this from you,by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....